CNC Machine Operator Apprentice
Harmonic Drive LLC
The Apprentice CNC Machine Operator is responsible for the manufacture and inspection of high precision products of varying complexity, under supervision. This person will also be responsible for the quality and quantity of work performed. This person will be responsible for managing the resources required to maintain the manufacturing environment and ensure timely completion of high-quality products that conform to all documented requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Upon successful completion of training:
- Set up and operate various types of CNC turning and milling equipment in accordance with company policy, procedures and time standards. Okuma and Mori Seiki machines currently used.
- Perform various repetitive machining operations primarily on production work
- Machine precision products from drawings under supervision and in accordance with established procedures.
- Read and interpret drawings, sketches and work instructions.
- Maintain computerized or manual production and maintenance records
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to multitask in an accurate, timely and organized fashion
- Ability to work with colleagues in a professional and cooperative manner
- Understanding of the importance of customer service
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, in English
- Detail oriented
This position has no direct reports.
This job operates in a dedicated laboratory in a professional manufacturing environment. Employees in this role routinely use electrical test equipment, standard hand tools, and microscopes, as well as some office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully, some of which may be done with accommodations.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications visual abilities also include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work
- Ability to do work requiring frequent stooping, bending, squat, kneel, bend or twist and lifting.
- Frequently sit, stand, move about the shop floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time, which operates Monday through Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
Travel is not required for this role.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma - some college preferred
- Technical or vocational school background is helpful
Harmonic Drive LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.ID:uDnQdo