CNC Maintenance Mechanic/Orlando, FL/9X80 work schedule
Job DescriptionWe are seeking a Mechanical/Electrical controls mechanic to join our team!
From ultra-precision machining and additive manufacturing to the development and production of complex optical components and sophisticated electronic systems, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) utilizes the latest capabilities in manufacturing to produce some of the world's most advanced weapon and sensor technology.
In this role your responsibilities may include:
• Analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing a variety of CNC and multi-purpose mechanical and/or electromechanical control systems for industrial and precision equipment.
• Testing and analyzing malfunctions, modifies, repairs, adjusts and maintains mechanical portions of automatic control instruments and related recording devices used in the operation of industrial manufacturing equipment.
• Operating machine through necessary cycles to check mechanical portion of electronic and/or electromechanical systems and detects any variations from specifications.
• Analyzing results of the tests to locate and determine the cause of the malfunction.
• Modifying and adjusting settings to related equipment in order to properly align mechanical systems.
• Repairing faulty components, retesting system or systems as necessary.
• Performing incidental welding in conjunction with the normal maintenance activities.
• Analyzing equipment malfunctions to determine if machine failure is originating in the control systems, or is of a mechanical nature.
• Setting up a variety of higher sensitive, precision test tools and equipment and conducting a series of involved operational tests.
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees and management. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional day(s) away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Employee will be required to work multiple shifts and schedules per the UAW Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Basic Qualifications• High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Must be able to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic diagrams, schematics, drawings, performance specifications, and operating requirements of industrial manufacturing equipment to include CNC multi-purpose mechanical and/or electromechanical control systems.
• Knowledgeable in the setup of a variety of highly sensitive, precision test tools and equipment.
• Prior experience with machine maintenance such as: operating CNC machines through cycles to check mechanical portion of electronic and/or electromechanical systems, detecting variations from specifications, analyzing results of tests to locate and determine the cause of the malfunction, modifying and adjusting settings to related equipment in order to properly align mechanical systems, and repairing faulty components.
• Must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts in accordance to the collective bargaining agreement.
• Due to facility requirements, all candidates must be U.S. Citizens to be considered
Desired skills• 5 years of related experience. 2 year technical degree or equivalent in related discipline. Prior experience with welding, analyzing CNC equipment malfunctions, troubleshooting mechanical systems, repairing spindle alignments, setting machine squareness and checking for positioning accuracy.
• Experience with Mazak mills and lathes, Mitsui Seiki mills, Hass milling machines.
• Experience with Tecport coating chambers, Hoffman polishers, computer controls such as Mitsubishi and Fanuc.
EEOLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The application window will close in 90 days; applicants are encouraged to apply within 5 - 30 days of the requisition posting date in order to receive optimal consideration.
*At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Other Important InformationBy applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotelyOnsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedule InformationLockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.