- This position requires the ability to Plan, Program, Setup and Run Jobs to Completion with Lathe and 3 and 4 axis Milling experience with minimal supervision in a lean environment ; maintains quality and safety standards; keeps records and maintains equipment supplies by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Interprets geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available.
- Anticipates needed stock.
- Places and expedites orders for stock, verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zeros and reference points
- Sets tool registers, offsets, compensations, and conditional switches
- Calculates requirements including basic math and adjusting three and four-jaw chicks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers.
- Loads machine by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies setting by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to standards
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations
- Take measurements
- Detecting malfunctions
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Process Improvement
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Equivalent to high school education or related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.