Co-Op, Automation Engineer
The Raymond Corporation
Job Title: Co-Op, Automation Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
Automation Engineering is a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for the design and development of automated material handling vehicles and features. In addition to development, an Automation Engineer supports production of these vehicles and features, field issues, and ongoing enhancements based on customer request. The Automation Engineering team also tracks key new technologies in the market and adapts Raymond vehicles and features to emerging technologies as they become available. The team consists of mechanical, electrical, software, systems, and controls engineering specialists.
About the position:
We’re looking for an Automation Engineering Co-Op in New Product Development Engineering. You will:
- Be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support.
- Be responsible for troubleshooting, determining solutions, and implementing changes to resolve various challenges. Depending on your major and background, you will be tasked with issues that could be mechanical, electrical, and/or software-based in nature.
- Complete forklift training and acquire your forklift operating license in order to assist in your learning of the products, testing of prototypes, and determining solution activities.
- Design new components, subsystems, and features to meet market requests.
- Reproduce, determine root cause, and recommend solutions for design issues.
- Install prototype components in lab environment and assist in testing of those components.
- Assist Lead Engineers in project tasks as needed.
- Perform engineering analysis using traditional hand calculations, computer aided tools, etc.
About the schedule:
Available timeframes are January-August 2024, January-May 2024, or May-August 2024. This role is 1st shift 8:00-5:00pm working Monday-Friday.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Controls, Mechatronics, or Robotics) or Computer Science.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Strong desire to be hands-on and spend time in the test lab.
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. technicians, engineers, leadership staff).
- Analytical with a strong orientation toward problem-solving.
It would be great if you had:
- A working knowledge of 3D CAD modeling software (CREO preferred).
- Strong presentation skills - comfortable presenting to a diverse audience.
About the total compensation package:
Wage – Ranges from $19.50 to $24.25 per hour for undergraduate students and $26.00-$28.00 for graduate students.
- Housing stipend available to qualified students
- Eligible to participate in Company events
- Short-term disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with Company match
- Sick pay
- Company-paid holidays