We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
Job SummaryThe Application Engineering Co-Op is a technically inclined individual to aid in creating custom motor solutions that solve customer system issues for general industry applications.
- Work directly with application engineering to solve application issues – also works with development, manufacturing and purchasing
- Assist application engineering identifying and developing motor designs for customer's specific general industry systems
- Use calipers, a CMM or a surface table to measure parts
- Write engineering change notices
- Run dynamometer to test electric motors
- Assist with samples, customer approvals, manufacturing issues and UL approvals
- Estimates and tracks time required to perform customer and internal support
Additional Job Details
- Planned B.S. degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with electronics and the ability to use an oscilloscope are a plus
- Strong technical knowledge and hands on skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated – high achiever
- Strong analytical ability and strategic/critical thinker
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects efficiently
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.ID:uDnQdo