Cobb – AI Person
Deer Lodge, TN
Location: Tennessee Pedigree Complex, Deer Lodge, TN
Schedule: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri (Wed as needed), including holidays.
Hours: 7:00am to 5:00pm
Hours are subject to change depending on production needs
Priority consideration will be provided to internal applicants first. Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview.
Starting wage - $16.00/hour
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends
Competitive benefits, including:
*Health, Dental and Vision Insurance at Day 1 of hire
*Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
*Stock Purchase Plan
*Tuition-free programs at high-quality schools, including college degrees, certificates,
high school completion, English language learning courses, and more.
*New hire Referral Incentives and Sign-On Bons
* Over time eligibility
* Earned time off
- This position is responsible for the collection and analysis of semen, insemination of hens, and management of breeder male performance to accomplish R&D and pipeline production objectives. Other duties may also be assigned based on business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- These collect semen from roosters and mix in extender as directed. The collection process requires a strong, dexterous hand technique and frequent bending and stooping to move the bird in and out of its floor pen. Inspect semen to ascertain quality, fitness, and overall male performance through the use of visual scoring, microscopic analysis, and densimeter testing. Submit and carry out male replacement requests. Schedule feed challenges on under-performing roosters. Weighing birds may be required. Beak and vent trim all newly housed breeder males and maintain trimming as needed afterwards. (35%)
- These inseminate pedigree and sister hens as directed. The insemination process requires a strong, dexterous hand technique and frequent bending and stooping to move the bird in and out of its floor pen. Inspect hens for evidence of production. Handle birds in such a way that stress is minimized and excessive force is prevented. Ensure the purity of sire/dam combinations through bird identity checks during the processes of milking, transporting semen, inseminating hens, conducting male change-outs, and moving birds. Maintain daily insemination records. (35%)
- These follow directives of Production Leads to ensure that breeders have adequate living conditions such as clean shavings, drinkers, and feeders. Sanitize A.I. supplies after each use. (20%)
Other Duties, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- These may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as: Maintain and assist with housekeeping standards in the working areas; inspect birds to determine quality and progress by weighing birds weekly; sanitation of storage areas, breakroom, boot rooms, equipment, and vehicles; moving birds, grounds-keeping and organizing breeder tags; properly euthanize selected or weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy (10%)
Bio-security/ Animal Welfare Requirements:
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the job site except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and will occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at times or push/pull wheeled skids of supplies up to 1000 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for the majority of the shift on a concrete floor; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear; and drive a vehicle within the farm complex. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: Use of specialized tools may be required in this position.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments. Must maintain a high level of situational awareness while working around equipment and livestock.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety glasses, Safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, ear plugs/muffs and rubber boots are required for different tasks. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators may be worn as needed.
- Must be willing to use chemicals such as vitamin supplements, semen extender, animal dye, and miscellaneous disinfectants (Synergize, Lysol, bleach, etc…)
- Safety: TM is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. TM is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.ID:uDnQdo