Cobb – Laying House Worker (1stS)
Mask policy will be in accordance with any local, state or federal requirements but will be provided to any Team Member wishing to wear a mask.
Priority consideration will be provided to internal applicants first. Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for an interview.
Starting wage - $16.00/hour
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends
Competitive benefits, including:
*Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
*Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
*Short and Long Term Disability
*Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
*Stock Purchase Plan
*Educational Assistance Program (Including GED Assistance, Citizenship Assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement
* Over time eligibility
* ETO- earned time off
Job Title: Laying House Worker
Location: EVF1 – Eastville Farm
Schedule: Four days on and four days off, including weekends and holidays
Hours: 6:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs and the time of the year.
- Attends to and cares for hens. Inspects eggs to ascertain quality and fitness for incubation by performing the below duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Feeds, waters and weighs birds according to schedules (10%)
- Cleans and disinfects waterers, changes and cleans nest pads, dusts nests, cleans walls and ceilings, maintains egg room in a clean state and performs other routine housekeeping duties; add/change litter (10%)
- Records information according to instructions such as egg numbers, (hen number on egg), bird weight, medications, feed intake, and mortality (10%)
- Observes/grades/records egg quality and distributes or disposes according to Cobb standard (10%)
- Collect eggs from egg table, pick up eggs from floor, and record number of eggs laid by each hen (50%)
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as: Inspects poultry for diseases and removes weak, ill, and dead poultry from flock; records number of floor eggs and works to eliminate these by training hens to use nests; monitors feed, water, illumination, and ventilation systems; sanitation of breakroom and vehicles; house set-up for new birds via checking water/feed lines and light set-up; properly euthanize weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy; assist with AI (10%)
The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly stoop/bend over to floor level to collect eggs up to 300 times per shift. Must regularly lift and/or move, up to 50 pounds to move items such as feed buckets; tools, such as wheeled trash can, may be required to occasionally push/pull up to 300 pounds such as feed barrels. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk majority of shift (concrete floor); sit; use hands to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage; talk or hear; drive a vehicle within the farm complex. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also work in hot, dry, dusty, wet, icy, snowy and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety glasses, Safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required. Ear plugs will be used as required. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators will be worn as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants such as Synergize, Lysol, bleach, etc.
- Safety: Team Member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respitory Protection, Lock out Tag out, and Personal Protective equipment. Team Member is expected to identify, address, and mitigate safety related risks.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.ID:uDnQdo