Commercial Body Truck Welder
Marion Body Works, Inc.
Work Schedule: 3 Day Weekends! Monday - Thursday, 10-hour shifts; 2nd shift 3:30pm-1:30am
Monthly Production Incentive, Free Employee Health Clinic, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life insurance, Short Term Disability, Earn up to 80 hours of PTO within the first year,10 paid Holidays, 401(k) Program & Company Match, Quarterly Attendance Bonus Program, $1 per hour additional for 2nd shift, $1.50 per hour additional for 4th shift, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Wellness Benefits, Long Service Banquet, Smoking Cessation Program, Biometrics Wellness Reimbursement, Gym Reimbursement & Fitness Tracking Reimbursement, Onsite Weld Training Program, Company Christmas Party, Company Christmas Gift, Company Annual Picnic, Annual Company Golf Outing.
- Perform electrical wiring tasks on vehicles, i.e. front to rear lights, camera sensors, lift gates, and etc.
- Install liftgates, ramps, and platforms
- Welding experience with MIG, stick, and aluminum
- make clean lines and cuts when welding
- operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece
- weld in flat and vertical plans (all position welding)
- Reading blueprints and welding symbols
- Experience with pneumatic and hand tools
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding
- Operation of equipment such as saws
- Basic math skills, ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to carry out instructions (written and/or oral)
- Lift 50 lbs. required
- Perform safety and quality checks
- Effectively and accurately use VMI, Kanban cards, material withdrawal forms, stock, fabricated, and special-order parts so inventory counts are correct
- Complete jobs within planned hours
- Correctly enter data in ERP system
- Maintain regular attendance
- Adhere to Marion Body Works Inc. Safety Policies and OSHA regulations
- Adhere to Marion Body Works Inc. Quality Policy.
- Automotive service experience
- Must be able to pass a weld test
- Basic experience with hand tools
- Basic math, tape measure, and computer skills
- Must be 18 years old
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer manufacturing experience and welding experience
- Prefer High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Marion Body is an independent, family owned and operated manufacturer located in Marion, Wisconsin and Shawano, Wisconsin where the company was founded in 1905 and has been in continuous operation ever since. All our products share the same niche know-how: manufacturing specialized truck bodies that are cost competitive and stand up under the rigors of over-the-road duty. We believe every one of our customers deserves the best quality vehicle available to them. We encourage our employees to continuously improve and leverage their God-given talents, passions, and abilities to do what the customer wants by manufacturing “World Class” vehicles. We have a loyal family culture and are in pursuit of creative, high-energy, engaged people who will join our family and make good on this promise.
We are not hiring to REPLACE; we are hiring because we are GROWING!
A TRADITION OF QUALITY!
The statements contained in this job description describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. This job description does not state or imply that these are the only accountabilities and responsibilities assigned to this job. The employee holding this job will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.