Commercial HVAC Senior Category Manager – Motors/Compressors/Drives
S2 Security Corp.
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN05: CCS-Charlotte, NC 5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
Carrier is the leading global provider of healthy, safe and sustainable building and cold chain solutions with a world-class, diverse workforce with business segments covering HVAC, refrigeration, and fire and security. We make modern life possible by delivering safer, smarter and more sustainable services that make a difference to people and our planet while revolutionizing industry trends. This is why we come to work every day. Join us and we can make a difference together.
About this role
The Senior Commodity / Account Management & Strategic Sourcing professional will have significant experience. Develops and implements network, supplier selection, and negotiation strategy in support of organization's standards for price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply. Partners with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs and develops strategies. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your supply chain career, then we have a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a motivated, driven Category Manager to contribute to our supply chain effectiveness.
- Develop a strategic plan for a specific commodity group or strategic suppliers
- Responsible for overall relationship for multiple strategic suppliers for that specific commodity group
- Coordinate appropriately with supplier quality team for specific commodity issues including relentless root cause analysis and error-proofing to mitigate impact to the business
- Lead in negotiating prices, assessing supplier capabilities, selecting new suppliers, narrowing supplier base, and working with suppliers to establish mutually beneficial relationships and improve their ability to provide quality, cost effective materials while minimizing inventory
- Ensures supplier or commodity team is performing to the designed Carrier requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspective
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or company policies, procedures, work rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in sourcing environment, familiarity with strategic sourcing concepts and lean tools
- Degree in business management, procurement or supply chain preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Cost reduction project leadership experience in a related environment preferred
- Technical acumen / understanding of commodity management and ability to quickly learn products and industry
- Ability to work effectively with cross-cultural suppliers on technical and logistics issues
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Team player and influencing skills required to establish and sustain a lean culture
- Strong negotiation skills
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy NoticeID:uDnQdo