Commercial Sales Associate – Austin/ San Antonio
Master Halco, North America’s leading manufacturer/distributor of fencing and perimeter security products is seeking a Commercial Sales Associate.
This is a very exciting time to join our company. We are continuing to grow (80+ locations), introducing new products, making technological investments, and implementing innovative marketing strategies. We are also focused on our people -- our most important resource. At Master Halco, we believe in transparency, open communication, and rewarding success with a path to fully develop your potential while building a career.
Working With Us Has Its Rewards:
- Competitive hourly wage plus Quarterly Bonus Program and spiffs.
- Monday through Friday schedule.
- Typical operating hours are 8am-5pm. Can vary slightly by location.
- A competitive health care plan (over 30 hours a week).
- A generous matching 401(k) plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A generous paid-time off package, and more.
Master Halco offers advancement opportunities at every level. We are always looking for people with the drive to learn and determination to succeed.
- Contact potential and current customers to solicit sales of company products.
- Takes incoming sales orders from telephone calls and completes order documentation.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interest.
- Obtains credit information about prospective customers. Performs initial credit checks, credit control via telephone contact of past due accounts, and informs Branch Managers of orders that impact on credit limits or high-risk customers.
- Collects market intelligence from customers regarding competitive situations, competitor pricing, market situations, etc. and informs Branch Manager.
- Coordinates and conducts training for branch employees (Inside Sales and Outside Sales Associates) and customers.
- Presents company products and pricing information in a professional manner.
- Develops relationships with wholesale customers.
- Grows sales and increases profitability.
- Analyzes specifications and drawings to determine appropriate material for detailed projects.
- Maintains customer accounts by providing in-depth customer service.
- Generates purchase orders for approval. Works closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensures we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right material, maintaining solid inventory data.
- Actively work to reduce excess, dead, and slow-moving inventory.
- Provide necessary follow-up documentation and reports to management.
- Proactively provides solutions and develop initiatives to grow sales.
- Responsible for researching, developing, and launching new products. Responds to company initiatives by driving new products to meet customer needs.
- Assists/manages special projects.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or work equivalent
- 5 years' of sales/technical experience required
- In depth knowledge of target market industries
- Technical knowledge of the fence industry a strong plus
- Experience in customer service and construction trades
- Manufacturing and/or distribution experience helpful
- Ability to anticipate issues/opportunities while employing strong problem-solving skills with innovative and forward thinking.
- Well-developed sales, customer service and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of internet processing software; sales/presentation software; spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of Insurability
- Perimeter Access Control experience a plus