Commissioning & Start Up Engineer
Job Description and Qualifications
At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Reimagine What’s Possible
An opportunity is now open for an experienced Commissioning & Start-up Engineer. This position is intended to target candidates with field / operations experience and who have a curiosity about a challenging position within the Commissioning & Start-up (Americas) Team. The Commissioning & Start-up (Americas) Team supports the safe and efficient commissioning and start-up of process gas (SMR, Gasification), NH3 / Urea / Methanol and cryogenic technologies (ASU, Syngas Distillation, Hydrogen Liquefaction). The Commissioning & Start-up (Americas) Team is responsible for all start- up projects in the Americas region and can be involved in certain projects globally, as well as supporting operating facilities where required.
- Leading a dynamic team during the commissioning and start-up phases of the project and start-up stabilization period bringing new assets on-line
- Transfer of projects from Engineering to Operations – completion of project specific documentation, P&ID’s, lessons learned and project close out report
- Developing work processes and strategies for commissioning and start-up activities
- Develop and implement plans using available resources, maintaining timeline and cost controls, while achieving safety, quality and business requirements
- Providing technical expertise in start-up to the organization
- Working with internal departments, external partners and customers
- Supporting our Construction and Operations Teams during the commissioning and start-up period
- Participating in plant solving, turnaround support and performance optimization for existing facilities
- Being a member of a diverse team that sets the example for being leaders in Safety during the construction, commissioning, start-up and stabilization period for new assets
Ideally the successful candidate for this position will reside in Allentown, Pennsylvania but other locations will be considered.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Equivalent Industry Experience
- A minimum of 5 years in Engineering or Operations environment
- Experience in operating or commissioning / start-up of industrial gas plants
- Lead by example with regards to following procedures and our highest priority of maintaining personnel safety
- Strong background in commissioning / start-up and operation of rotating equipment
- Field construction and commissioning / start-up experience desired
- Ability to read P&ID’s, isometrics, interpret design curves of field machinery and function testing / validation of field equipment
- Possess strong leadership skills to drive both internal and external teams to their highest performance
- Represent the Commissioning & Start-up (Americas) Team and Air Products in front of our partners (Project, Construction, Operations and our customers)
- The ability to understand and the desire to learn a wide array of plant teams including electrical, piping, mechanical, controls, instrumentation, systems
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Typical domestic travel could be as high as 50%, worldwide travel is possibility at times
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at [email protected]. General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist.