Commodity Sales Manager – Seafood
High Liner Foods
Home Office, TX
Commodity Sales Manager
Travel Required: 35 to 50%
Territory/Region: North Texas
About High Liner Foods
High Liner Foods was founded in 1899 in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada as a small salt fish company. Lunenburg is still the current home of our Canadian Operations. As a category leader in Seafood, High Liner Foods has a strong footprint across Canada and the U.S. with close to $1 billion in sales.
High Liner Foods is the seafood brand people trust. Every day we’re Reimagining Seafood to Nourish Life through a focus on our customers, innovation, and of course, responsible operations. Our talented team is committed to the High Liner Foods goal of becoming the leader in branded, value-added seafood in North America.
We offer professional, technical and operational career opportunities across Canada and the United States. We believe in building a high-performance organization by investing in our people. We are focused on developing future leaders from within and fostering career growth and advancement.
It’s our time to make waves. Join us.
High Liner Foods is a career destination. We look for high performing talent who value:
- Safety; it’s our #1 priority
- Opportunities to contribute to your community through volunteerism
- A culture of inclusion, support and recognition
- Senior leaders that are highly accessible and available to employees
- A strong focus on education and career development through training
- Competitive salary and performance rewards
- A comprehensive benefit plan designed to keep up with the changing healthcare needs across North America
What to expect on the job:
The Commodity Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the sales activities across their assigned territory. This role provides leadership and technical support to customers with the purpose of driving value, the development and execution of sales plans, expanding business and delivering an outstanding customer experience. Moreover, the incumbent will collaborate closely with Finance, Marketing and Operations departments to ensure the successful execution of programs.
- Provide strong leadership, coaching and strategic mentorship to peers and broker contacts to develop the strength of the team
- Proactively identify new strategic food-service customer opportunities, build effective and strong relationships
- Leverage internal and third-party data to develop comprehensive category reviews driving towards insights- based solution sales
- Continuously provide market and competitive intelligence from the field
- Develop customer new and existing growth strategies and plans that align to both High Liner’s strategic goals and customer’s goals
- Proactively manage accounts, regularly interacting with customers, reviewing, and discussing product lines, lead the resolution of key issues/problems
- Engage and manage brokers nationally to achieve sales targets
- Proactively monitor and manage SG&A while achieving sales volume and contribution and goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, brokers and stakeholders to ensure customer needs are met
- Drive towards the achievement of sales volume, contribution and goals
- Communicate sales forecasts and manage trade spend effectively
- Accountable for tracking and managing all sales related expenses
- University degree in Business, Commerce or related field.
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferably in Seafood Sales or Commodity Consumer Packaged Goods organizations
- Strong selling, presentation, strategic thinking, negotiating, organizational, financial analysis and broker management skills
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning.
- Proven success in working independently, highly self-motivated – hungry to win new business
- Analytical and curious – able to leverage internal and third-party data to produce strong selling narratives
- Strong knowledge of foodservice sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal and external customers including key business partners and store management.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Solid computer skills with focus on Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.
Travel Required: To drive business results – (35-50%) overnight travel required.
Join Us! Apply Now
High Liner Foods is Remote Friendly!
Health, Safety & Wellness
At High Liner Foods, we believe strongly in the safety and wellness of our employees. Our organization has a number of policies, programs and practices that focus on safety, wellness, health and sustainability of the overall organization. Should any posted position require business travel and vaccination is required (COVID-19 vaccination or otherwise) for that purpose as per regional laws/regulations, employees will be required to demonstrate their vaccination status accordingly.
Our process is meaningful but efficient! We want to get to know you and show you what our world is like.
Applicants who demonstrate potential will be contacted directly for a preliminary phone interview. Successful applications from this stage will participate in a behavioral-based interview with the hiring leader.
All hires are conditional upon the successful completion of references, background checks and applicable drug testing.
High Liner Foods (USA), Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or marital status, genetic information or other protected status, covered by federal, state or local law.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities. High Liner Foods (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Current employees please note: this position is referral bonus eligible! See our policy for more details.