- Develop and analyze compensation policies, government regulations and prevailing wage rates to develop/maintain a competitive compensation plan.
- Prepare/maintain occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary scales.
- Research job and worker requirements, structural and functional relationships among jobs and occupations, and occupational trends.
- Advise managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations and compensation policies, personnel procedures, and classification programs.
- Perform multifactor data and cost analyses.
- Prepare reports, such as organization and flow charts and career path reports, to summarize job analysis and evaluation and compensation analysis information.
- Plan, develop, evaluate and communicate methods and techniques for selecting, promoting, compensating and evaluating employees.
- Develop, implement, administer, and evaluate personnel including performance appraisal, affirmative action, merit and employment equity programs.
- Observe, interview, and survey employees and conduct focus group meetings to collect job, organizational, and occupational information.
- Analyze organizational, occupational, and industrial data to facilitate organizational compensation changes.
- Oversee sales compensation plans as company strategy, competition and the market requires.
- Direct and review employee compensation programs when integrating business mergers and acquisitions.
- Plan and develop curricula and materials for training others as needed.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Developing Objectives and Strategies - Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Thinking Creatively - Developing, designing, or creating new applications, programs, and processes.