Compliance Engineer I (Hybrid)
Fort Smith, AR
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives—every day.
The Compliance Engineer is responsible for maintaining safety agency listings on products, lab certifications, and ensuring calibrations are set to applicable standards.
This position supports our Air Conditioning Division, located in Fort Smith, AR.
WHAT YOU'll DO:
- Accurately acquire and interpret test data and results and make any computations required to complete test data within the scope of the requirements of the applicable test standard.
- Verify laboratory and laboratory equipment is current with respect to certifications and calibrations.
- Help design engineers and product managers understand applicable domestic and international safety and regulatory standards related to their products.
- Review test set-ups for safety agency tests. Familiarity with HVAC laboratories and testing is required.
- Support government affairs and regulatory teams by serving on safety agency committees and working groups.
- Maintain a complete understanding of codes and standards (i.e. UL1995, UL60335-2-40, etc).
- Work with engineers to create/revise product safety agency listing files.
- Develop strong relationships with agency contacts
- Maintain ISO 17025 & EnergyStar lab certification requirements from CSA, UL or ITS. Support audits of lab to meet certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with compliance engineering for a product manufacturer
- Must be hands on and have experience in working in a lab in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis including statistical and uncertainty analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Project management skills and knowledge
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- Experience with working with international and domestic safety and regulatory standards (UL, IEC, DOE, SASO, etc.
- Experience with air conditioning/refrigerant cycle and the software used to predict its performance
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace Engineering
- Professional Engineering certification
- Knowledge of programming with Visual Basic (VBA) and C#
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.