ALK Technologies, Inc.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Business Title: Environmental Compliance Engineer
We are seeking an Environmental Compliance Engineer. This is a position within Global Operations and is responsible for ensuring Company's products are environmentally compliant worldwide, and for developing and managing Company's sustainable manufacturing and corporate social responsibility policies. The candidate should be able to understand & interpret the international environmental Laws & regulations, & response to the legislated environmental directives being instituted throughout the world.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
In this position, you will deliver reporting and analytics to document and support product environmental compliance, assessment of the chemicals and materials used in Trimble products. You will drive the collection of environmental compliance information from Trimble’s manufacturing partners, lead continuous improvement of business processes, and define business requirements for system improvements. You will enable selection of environmentally preferred materials by product design teams, support product certification, and demonstrate achievement of environmental goals.
- You will manage Trimble’s industry-leading Full Material Disclosure (FMD) program.
- You will drive supply chain data collection to identify impacts to product design and manufacturing processes and contribute to effective solutions.
• Work together with the Compliance team and cross functional teams to assure that parts and products sourced and manufactured by Trimble is compliant with global environmental regulations and customer requirements.
• Resolve issues to upload and manage data in material database; ensure all open issues are driven to closure
• Create reports to identify product Bill of Material (BOM) compliance or non-compliance to specific regulations - analyze and summarize issues, engage with program teams for resolution
• Assist in resolving manufacturing, design and field problems related to regulatory compliance issues
• Perform product reviews and respond to inquiries with regard to product/part compliance.
• Develop an effective strategy for monitoring environmental laws and regulations worldwide.
• Develop and audit process to ensure Company Environmental policies are followed.
• Work with CM, ODMs/Supplier to ensure Company's products comply with environmental laws and regulations.
• Work with Company legal to interpret environmental laws and regulations.
• Answer all customer questions regarding environmental compliance of products.
• Ensure product comply to worldwide environmental legislation and standards compliance requirements
• Develop and deliver training on environmental topics across multiple business units.
• Train and mentor team members to achieve KPI goals.
• Run complex queries on ERP system (Oracle, Agile, compliance DB PG&C etc.) to extract compliance data, analyze them and provide reports to management, customers and regulatory authorities. • Develop and monitor project schedule, gather project requirements, manage issues and risks, facilitate UAT, ensure delivery of deliverables, and train internal teams for successful adoption of software.
• Conduct internal audits for compliance and drive corrective actions. Requirement:
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
• 3-5 years of experience in a high tech electronics/mechanical environment or equivalent education in, chemical engineering or environmental compliance.
• Relevant job experience and understanding of worldwide environmental regulations for consumer electronics products, packaging, and batteries
• Strong working knowledge of Proposition 65, ROHS, WEEE, , REACH,SCIP Database, WEEE Conflict Minerals, China RoHS ,Sustainability programs, Battery and Packaging directives.
• Excellent written and verbal English and language skills.
• Experience with product lifecycle management (PLM) systems, product Bills of Materials (BOMs) and Approved Manufacturer Lists (AMLs).
• Ability to generate actionable reporting and analytics, distill large datasets into conclusions under time constraints
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Extensive experience engaging cross-functional teams and suppliers located across globe to ensure environmental compliance through training, process re- engineering, and system implementation
• Travel up to 15-20 % per year (Domestic & International).
Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
candidates' diversity and take affirmative action to employ and advance individuals
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy (including
childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, marital status, genetic
information, and all other legally protected characteristics. We forbid discrimination and
harassment in the workplace based on any protected status or characteristic. A criminal
history is not an automatic bar to employment with the Company, and we consider
qualified applicants consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
The Company is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation for your job, contact