Compliance & Ethics Lead, India
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Job Title: Compliance & Ethics Lead, India
Location: Mumbai, India
Division: Compliance & Ethics, Law Department
Responsible for leading Compliance & Ethics operations in India, and effectively promoting the culture of integrity in the aforementioned markets. The position will also work closely with India leadership team as a member thereof.
- Promote the right tone throughout the organization and, working with the leadership team, ensure a steadfast commitment by all employees to integrity, quality, compliance, and uncompromising ethics.
- Drive execution of global compliance programs with the global Compliance and Ethics (C&E) Organization.
- Partner and create synergy with the market Commercial & Development Law (CDL) to provide high quality service and advice to the market business operations.
- Сo-chair the Compliance Committees of India together with the India General Manager, liaising effectively with the BMS global C&E Organization.
- Ensure compliance oversight for procedures, certain education, training and communication, monitoring and analytics, in close cooperation with the global C&E Organization.
- Participate in the industry association and other external bodies to represent BMS’s position on matters related to C&E.
- Maintain knowledge of business and markets and compliance trends in the industry to identify and mitigate potential compliance risks.
- Participate in periodic internal audits, monitoring and due diligence activities in India, and, as appropriate, coordinate execution of follow-up actions.
(The responsibilities listed above are only a summary and other responsibilities will be requirements as assigned)
General Manager, Business Units (Marketing and Sales), Medical, Commercial Strategy & Excellence, Human Resources, Finance and other relevant functions of the market.
- 7+ years of experience in compliance (can be combined with legal and/or internal audit/monitoring) in highly regulated industry.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is strongly preferred, but not required
- Superior personal integrity and ethics, including an exceptional sense of discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Strong strategic-thinking skills with an ability to identify and recommend process improvements and best practices
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under deadline pressure with flexibility to work on broad range of matters
- Ability to discuss controversial topics with senior executive leadership and obtain their buy-in.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Role model behaviors with BMS values: Integrity, Innovation, Inclusion, Passion, Accountability, Urgency.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.