Compliance & Ethics, Privacy and Consumer Specialist
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The Compliance & Ethics, Privacy and Consumer Specialist (Specialist) will support enhancement and maintenance of the consumer compliance and privacy programs for McKesson Medical-Surgical (MMS) and Consumer Markets. This position will be located in one of McKesson’s U.S. offices and will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Compliance & Ethics, Privacy and Consumer (within McKesson’s General Counsel Organization). The Specialist will help to further the culture of compliance and ethics at McKesson by helping to ensure the effectiveness of the MMS privacy and consumer market compliance programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience with compliance programs in retail businesses. They will have a broad familiarity with consumer protection laws, privacy, and related laws and regulations. They will have a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with large teams consisting of business, legal, compliance, audit and human resources within a highly matrixed environment.
- Support the enhancement and maintenance of effective privacy and consumer compliance programs for MMS’s key regulatory risks.
- Remain up to date with new ideas, concepts, guidelines, and regulations with regard to consumer compliance and privacy topics.
- Promote activities to foster consumer compliance and privacy awareness in the designated business unit.
- Process and monitor consumer privacy requests to completion.
- Conduct simple to moderate privacy reviews.
- Conduct initial risks assessments to identify and mitigate risks.
- Maintain a repository of forms, tip sheets, policies, or other documents that are needed to comply with investigations, applicable regulations, or standards.
- Provide support for the privacy and compliance workplans.
- Support business strategies while ensuring a strong culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure business satisfies its privacy and consumer compliance regulatory obligations.
- Enter and update reported concerns, questions, and incidents in the incident management system.
- Demonstrate integrity through the integration of ethical standards in all routine responsibilities.
- Establish effective partnerships across the MMS organization and the McKesson Enterprise.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience which includes building, enhancing and maintaining compliance programs focused on retail and consumer business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the foundational elements of effective consumer privacy and consumer compliance programs.
- Experience with applicable laws, rules and regulations, including, HIPAA and consumer privacy and protection laws.
- Experience with principal governmental agencies that regulate data privacy and consumer protection including OCR and FTC.
- Experience working collaboratively on cross-functional and cross-divisional teams.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS:
- Well-established ethics, judgement, integrity and courage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate to all organizational levels.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and tolerance of ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Relationship building.
- Ability to drive and implement key strategies.
- Ability to work under pressure and established deadlines.
4-year degree or equivalent experience.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!