TC Heartland, LLC
The Compliance Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all activities in accordance with current regulation and policy. Their responsibilities include the management of specifications, review of labels and claims, net contents, and supplier performance of both packaging and raw materials. This position is required to consult and provide expertise to company personnel regarding compliance and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains a work environment committed to sustainable safety by enforcing safety rules, setting a safe example, and coaching and communicating to associates the reasons for safe operations.
- Manages material sampling and monitoring programs to ensure the safety and compliance of materials by identifying and minimizing risks and managing contaminants.
- Manages specification creation (MPSEC) and label declarations processes. This includes all Quality activities related to artwork creation, maintenance, and revisions.
- Manages the receiving and Ingredient and Finished Product COA process.
- Responsible for Supplier Quality pre-requisite program:
- Vendor Approval,
- Approval of RAW/PACKs,
- Vendor Performance Management and Review, aligned with Procurement. Supplier SCAR management, investigation and reporting.
- Drives compliance with regulations foreign and domestic by preparing the organization with information about consumer and industry trends, emerging threats, and evolving laws and regulations. This includes establishing systems to ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
- Management of Databases and Team Rooms for these processes.
- Act as back up for Verification and Audit Manager
- Serve as alternate SQF practitioner, responsible and authorized for ensuring company fulfills all requirements of the current SQF code
- Responsible for driving compliance and maintenance of all certifications – including GFSI, cGMP, Kosher, Halal, Organic, Non-GMO Certified, Identity Preserved, Gluten-free, and others as needed.
- Ensures compliance with Mock Recall and item traceability requirements (FDA/customer) including running trace exercises and maintaining company knowledge and resources to perform
- Assist Sales, Legal Team, International Sales, and International Quality teams with regulatory and technical inquiries, certificates, advice and program knowledge
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related field with at least 5 years of relevant food manufacturing experience is required.
- Familiarity with current good manufacturing practices and food regulation is required.
- Prior experience with labeling and claims.
- Six Sigma or process improvement experience and SQF practitioner certification desired.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiar with FSMA requirements
- Previous leadership experience
- Process improvement skills (e.g. Six Sigma)
- Proficient command of English and strong communication skills required – both verbal and written.
- Must work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to perform under pressure and communicate well with all departments
- Must have good computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
- Must be able to work seated using a computer and phone for long periods of time.
- Must be available to work during extended or off-hours
- Must possess visual acuity to document company records
- Continuous walking throughout plant and distribution center.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds