Compliance Officer/Supplier Safety & Contract Domain Expert
This is a hybrid role and does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.
As the Sustainable Workplaces Compliance Officer, Supplier Safety and Contracts Domain Expert and member of our Global Team, you are responsible for the strategic initiatives associated with the 3rd party facilities management contracts. As the lead in Compliance, you will ensure structured communication and timely review to the adherence of GM policies and processes such as Records Management and Business Continuity. As the Key Contact for Facilities Supplier Safety, you will provide support for our Strategic Business Partners and Suppliers through ISN and Intelex Reporting Systems and safeguarding and influencing compliance to GM’s Safety Contract Management program. The Alliance Vanguard Team supports the frameworks and scope development, transitional onboarding, and steady state monitoring to ensure the successful integration of our Facilities Service Agreements. Driving GMS principles and waste elimination through performance root cause analysis and countermeasures during monthly KPI evaluations and annual performance reviews. The Contracts Domain Expert function requires regular interface with Global Purchasing and Manufacturing Services through the sourcing process and thereafter managing scope changes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene, business administration, engineering, facility management or a related field
- Experience working in Facility Management, Real Estate or Purchasing/Contract Management
- Technical writing
- Knowledge of contracting practices and concepts
- Working understanding of process controls and audit methods
- Records management
- Project management skills
- MS Suite Experience (e.g. Access)
Candidate should have knowledge of:
- Contract Management and Governance practices
- Vendor Management & Development strategies
- Risk management and compliance monitoring strategies
- Cost monitoring, budget control and feedback techniques
- Approximately 5% to 10% travel through US and Canada.
Key activities you’ll be engaged in:
- Manage the Supplier Safety Contract Management Compliance (ISN and Manual Pre-Qualification Support) to ensure compliance with GM Requirements such as Insurance, TRIR, PTP, and MOC programs
- Safety Violation and Incident Reconciliation of the self-reporting KPI Scorecards with the Intelex and Power BI Dashboard
- Lead and support collaborative and cross functional safety workgroups and forums in partnership with SCM Council and Service Agreement Partners
- Communicate out on Supplier Incidents and Violations to support root cause analysis, corrective action plans, and sustainability of processes
- Facilitate Safety Symposiums for SW Supplier in coordination with Global Safety
- Interface and report out to GM Executive Leaders & Teams
- Business continuity Plan for Sustainable Workplaces Headquarter along with SOX Attestations and ILM Compliance
- Single Point of Contact with GM Legal and GP&MS on contract language and terms and conditions. Conduct legal searches in records stored for GMM SW HQ Team
- Management and routine reviews of business records through Iron Mountain
- Support new requests and ongoing access control to Alliance Vanguard SharePoint and MS Teams Sites
- Update SharePoint for Contract Management Team records
- Assist in development and integrity of the scope and framework for Facility Services Contracts at GM Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing locations in North America and guiding the quality of execution of the business partners.
- Build business partner relationships, continuous improvement, coaching for improvement and support gap closure on performance.
- Assist in Facilities Service Agreement SOR development, contract re-bids, scope alterations, cost savings discussions, and deliverable reviews
- T3 Train to train the trainers or users on systems (e.g., MyFacility Corrigo, Reliance, SA On-Demand, etc.) or processes that support compliance, safety, contracts and/or service quality delivery.
- Meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and business partners and gains their trust and respect.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.