Compliance Project Leader IV
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
The Packaging Compliance Project Leader IV will be responsible for the coordination of packaging development for new products, cost reductions and support of supply chain effectiveness. This role will engage among development teams in design for product transport, design of transit capable product packaging, and supply chain characterization. The position will also facilitate periodic cross-functional reviews for product packaging effectiveness, workflow planning, and opportunities assessments related to product delivery.
This position will serve our Replacement Parts Division, located in Randleman, NC.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define and maintain packaging test protocols (PTP) in the qualification of packaging designs consistent with characteristics of product distribution models and Total Supply Chain (TSC) plans.
- Guide development teams in the assessment and design of products for TSC loads and handling. Engage with development teams in considering potential TSC alternatives and handling plans needed to ensure cost effective product delivery.
- Serve as coordinator for the design of packaging concepts, creation of functional packaging prototypes, and testing of packaging designs through suppliers, consultants, and other internal resources.
- Maintain portfolio of packaging related projects, assignments, and success metrics for effective and timely deployment of packaging needs.
- Investigate and troubleshoot serious packaging related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and perform corrective actions.
- Periodically evaluate cost reductions opportunities and sustainability through source reduction, material selection, design efficiency, shipping efficiency improvements and the like.
- Conduct cross-functional reviews with Division managers to measure product delivery effectiveness, establish special assignment teams and develop yearly objectives.
- Perform in a leadership role to assure our sourcing and risk management techniques is compliant with the Company’s mission.
- Work closely with Procurement Manager to implement sourcing and risk management solutions that support overall company objectives.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to ensure sourcing decisions and supplier performances are compliant for the best interest of the Company.
- Develop written supply compliance programs with direct material suppliers and risk management providers to document commercial, service, and legal performance commitments.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- 7+ years of experience in packaging application or Parts Management.
- Diverse knowledge of packaging materials, applications and equipment is required.
- Experience in developing packaging plan representing a total supply chain.
- Support of production start-ups and equipment trials for new packaging design projects.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Master Degree in Business or related field.
- Experience in formulating optimizations involving functionality and costs.
- Certified Packaging Professional (CPP)
- Certified Packaging Laboratory Professional (CPLP)
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.