Microfluidics International Corp.
Cedar Falls, IA
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Assist the Trade Compliance Manager in the day-to-day fundamentals of the IDEX Trade Compliance Program for Import and Export Compliance. Responsible for product distribution compliance, standard work development and support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the Compliance Specialist for product distribution including traffic, transportation, routing functions for ground, air, ocean, LTL and small package.
- Audit work assignments for the Cedar Falls, Iowa location and support locations in Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Develop and maintain standard work processes for select distribution functions.
- Assists with billings and submits freight invoices for payment along with monthly freight audits for Finance.
- Review and add Country of Origin to new part numbers.
- Maintain classification programs including Harmonized Tariff Schedule Classification (HTS), Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Ability to navigate, analyze and generate reports within the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) for import and export activity.
- Reviews and screen foreign nationals, visitors, customers, suppliers, financial institutions and freight forwarders.
- Manages the Red Flag Compliance program.
- Assess and resolve regulatory risks, seized shipments, and mitigate penalties and fines as a result of problematic sales.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Business, Logistics, or similar, and minimum 2 years’ experience in distribution and/or logistics (international).
- This position requires compliance with ITAR regulations. Therefore, all employees working in this capacity must meet citizenship status and the employee must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.
- Maintain current, detailed, working knowledge and ability to comply with Import and Export Controls and process requirements from the US Government and related agencies, programs, or other regulating bodies.
- Detailed working knowledge of the import and export process requirements and US Government regulations.
- Ability to work in changing environment and respond quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to communicate well with people at all levels of the organization and with subsidiaries and outside customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail required.
- Must have adaptability and flexibility in response to daily deadlines related to shipments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to move within office and manufacturing complex, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
- General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
- Ability to travel domestically 10% or less.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.ID:uDnQdo