Circon Environmental is currently searching for a Compliance Specialist. This position is based out of our facility located in Medina, Ohio. Starting pay is commensurate with industry experience. Circon Environmental offers a comprehensive benefits program to include health insurance, paid vacation time, 401K, vision, dental and more after successful completion of the 90-day probationary period.
The Compliance Specialist (CS) provides environmental, safety and health support to facility operations, maintenance, and customer service personnel. The CS assists the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager with the implementation of Corporate Environmental, Safety and Health programs, helps to coordinate, conduct, and track employee training programs, completes facility program audits and inspections, and documents findings. The CS will also monitor regulatory requirements that affect the facility operations and ensures the facility remains in compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, safety and health regulations.
environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Ensure Compliance is the number one goal by following DOT, EPA, and OSHA policies, procedures and always acting in a safe manner
- Supports DOT, EPA, and OSHA site activities
- Maintains facility compliance by operating within promulgated rules and regulations; Works closely with all staff to ensure regulatory goals are met
- Assists in providing technical safety and health support and information to facility production, maintenance, and customer service personnel.
- Assists in the preparation and/or implementation of written environmental, safety and health programs, Standard Operating Procedures, and Job Hazard Safety Analyses (JSHA).
- Assists in identifying facility environmental and health and safety deficiencies and assists in recommending corrective actions for identified deficiencies. Works with EHS Manager to implement solutions to minimize environmental safety and occupational health hazards.
- Assists in tracking facility performance against Corporate environmental, safety and health goals, and makes recommendations to meet or exceed expectations
- Participates in evaluation process of new product/materials into the facility to include processing reviews, hazard analyses, and operator training.
- Supports plant personnel with the identification, maintenance, calibration, testing and selection of Personal Protective Equipment, Respiratory Protection, Air Monitoring and Fall Protection Devices and equipment.
- Assists in the maintenance of the facility safety library (e.g., videos, regulations, SOPS, reference manuals and Safety Data Sheets)
- Assists in updating facility specific Enviroware, Velocity and VAIRKKO electronic databases.
- Serves as member of the environmental health and safety committee.
- Assists with internal investigations and reporting pursuant to Circon injury/illness and noninjury incident investigation policy and procedures
Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by management as required by the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Safety, Regulatory Affairs, or related field required.
- Knowledgeable of, and experienced in OSHA, EPA, RCRA and DOT requirements to include Emergency Response Preparedness, SPCC, SWPPP, Air Quality and Annual reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Self-starter that functions well in a Team driven environment with demonstrated ability to effectively coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to pass background checks, drug and alcohol screens and other required safety training
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Familiar with various sampling techniques and equipment; basic understanding of laboratory terminology and testing requirements
- Prior experience in the waste industry helpful
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Able to perform general office skills
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity
- Requires standing, walking, carrying, stooping, crouching, sitting, grasping and reaching for prolonged periods of time.
- May require lifting, pulling and/or pushing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in both hot and cold (>90-degree F and <32-degree F) environments, both indoors and outdoors for extended periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The worker will be exposed to plant hazards to including moving vehicles, tow motors, noise dust, moving mechanical parts, material storage.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment required due to location to include Reflective uniform/vest, Steel-toe boots, safety glasses, hardhats, work gloves, hearing protection or other PPE as required by the job task.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel as required