WHO WE ARE
We are SouthernCarlson, and our foundation of service and commitment began in 1947. We have the broadest selection of high-quality products from leading suppliers in the industry along with tool repair services to keep businesses running. We provide expertise in both the products we offer and the solutions we propose. SouthernCarlson is The Contractors Choice™ for professional-grade tools, fasteners, jobsite supplies and expert service.
OUR PROMISE MEANS MORE™
· Respect - We build relationships on trust, collaboration and kindness while taking the time to learn, grow and celebrate wins together.
· Integrity - We go above and beyond to help customers and employees and do what we can to help resolve issues.
· Teamwork – We support and encourage each other while working together to ensure each customer has a top-notch experience
· Family Environment – We are a nationwide company with small business locations that provides a family-like environment.
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring company-wide compliance to relevant standards and regulations. Duties for this position include but are not limited to: assisting the development and implementation of compliance programs, analyzing key performance indicators (KPI’s) to prevent non-conformities, conducting on-site audits, as well as working with multi-functional teams while working under the direction of the Compliance Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Participate in and, at times, lead compliance audits at the branch level, including inventory audits.
- Advise the Compliance Manager on any potential compliance concerns and submit preventive measures and/or corrective actions for review.
- Develop and implement metrics for monitoring compliance and performance.
- Work with and, at times, lead multi-functional teams in compliance training and improvement initiatives.
- Report compliance and KPI data to various levels of leadership.
- Create processes and procedures for further ensuring company-wide compliance.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
Job Specifications (Includes Education/Certifications/Licenses, etc.)
- Knowledge of Inventory processes.
- Auditing experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills a plus.
- Excellent oral, and written, communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 is required.
- Sitting throughout the workday for computer work.
- Travel up to 50%
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. – Low frequency
- Ability to audit in warehouses where heat and cold are factors
- Office Environment.
- Warehouse environment (heat cold).
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds. Low frequency
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
· Competitive compensation, DOE
· Daytime shift with great hours!
· Our collaborative culture
· Competitive benefits package, including: Health, Dental and Vision
· Opportunity to enroll in our 401k program (With Employer Matching)
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)· Paid time off