JF Petroleum Group is currently searching for a highly motivated person interested in being taught a trade in the Underground Storage Tank (UST) compliance testing industry. This person will be responsible for visual inspections of UST equipment and sumps at convenience stores/gas stations and complete all required documentation. This position will also assist with the service team when all compliance related duties are completed. This is an entry level position that will provide opportunities for advancement within the company.
- Perform visual UST inspections of service stations and complete the required UST compliance forms. Provide accurate information while completing the required forms.
- Drive company service vehicle to customer locations, frequently on a prescribed route.
- Perform inspections of fueling facilities, which consists of visual observation and survey of site conditions.
- Accurately capturing and reporting inspection results in a customized data collection system.
- Complete work orders within an ERP system and utilize electronic equipment to check in/out.
- Maintain inventory levels to achieve an acceptable first-time fix rate
- Ensure use of proper uniform and PPE gear, presenting a quality image and professional demeanor.
- Ensure company vehicles, and equipment are properly maintained.
- Assist with Service work when compliance duties are completed through the week
- High school diploma or GED required
- Obtain API Safety Certification
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Must have a valid driver’s license & clean driving record
- Exhibit professional demeanor and communicate effectively with customers, fellow team members and supervisors
- Familiarity with computer operations and an aptitude for learning computer skills
- Must be able to work independently without constant direct supervision
- Troubleshooting skills/logical problem-solving skills
- Able to lift up to 60lbs, or up to 100lbs with another technician 8-10 hours a day
- Frequent kneeling, bending, handling, reaching and standing
- Appreciate the importance of safety and following strict safety and technical protocols
- High personal commitment to delivering quality service to customers
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records check and background screening
- Exhibit a professional demeanor, strong communication, and proficient customer relation skills.
*JF Petroleum Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.