Compliance Testing -Technician
Spatco Energy Solutions
How would you like to work for a company who encourages diversity, team work, along with personal and professional growth?
COMPANY SUMMARY: SPATCO Energy Solutions has been the leader in the fueling infrastructure industry since 1935. Our team has been providing a complete line of equipment and services for storing, pumping, mixing and measuring petroleum and industrial liquids. Our customers come from a variety of industries including retail fueling stations, commercial and government fleets.
The services this team provides to our customers and the community are essential and we are growing! SPATCO currently operates 24 branches with a dedicated training facility in North Carolina. We are also experiencing immense growth throughout the Southeast and most recently the Midwest.
Our environmental division provides responsible resource management and sustainable infrastructure services that encompass full life cycle solutions. Our scope ranges from fuel filtration, tank cleaning and compliance to remediation and the implementation of Phase I/Phase II assessments.
JOB SUMMARY: SPATCO is looking for an energetic Compliance Testing Technician to join our growing environmental team. Compliance testing technicians perform inspections and precision tests on underground storage and dispensing equipment. Common duties include dri-sump testing, tank and line testing, spill bucket testing, automatic tank gauge installation. Compliance testing technicians will assure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local codes.
Essential Functions:· Perform inspections by examining monitor histories and verifying alarm status.
· Conduct testing of dispensing systems and devices. Checks for proper placement of leak detectors and sensors.
· Ensure proper working condition of mechanical and electronic line/leak detectors.
· Perform precision testing of fuel lines ensuring integrity of lines are satisfactory.
· Maintain record of inspections, maintenance histories, recommendations. Document and track information in a methodical and thorough manner.
· Inspect and test containment areas ensuring integrity is adequate and verify areas are free of debris, petroleum, or water.
· Diagnose and perform minor repairs on fuel systems
· Communicate with customers and explain technical issues to non-technical people.
· Appropriate equipment training and safety training will be provided.
RequirementsExperience, Competencies and Education
· High school diploma or GED.
· At least one years-experience as a field technician is desired.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Be able to lift up to 50 lbs., work at medium heights, and be able to crouch, bend, and kneel.
· Have a good driving record and be willing to travel, in some cases be away from home multiple nights in a row.
· Ability to work in all types of weather.
· Adhere to safety policies and practices, including but not limited to personal protective gear.
· Strong work ethicOTHER REQUIREMENTS· Work under time constraints efficiently and have the ability to work well with others.
· Follow all company procedures.