Component Engineer / Reliability Engineer
Beta Transformer Technology Corp.
Mission Critical … Join DDC and make a Difference
For more than 50 years, Data Device Corporation (DDC) has been recognized as a world leader in the design and manufacture of high-reliability Connectivity, Power, and Control solutions for the Aerospace, Defense, and Space industries. Our dedication to supplying quality products, on-time delivery, and superior support, has contributed to the success of our customers and the critical missions they serve.
To continue to meet our customer’s mission critical needs, DDC is seeking a Component Engineer/Reliability Engineer to join our respected and valued team.
The Component/Reliability Engineer will work in a dynamic, customer-focused environment where she or he will interact with customers, other departments, and suppliers.
- Support Design Engineering in component selection activities during design and development
- Analyze System and Customer requirements to ensure that the selected components are not over or under specified while maintaining uniformity within the design
- Perform part research to support Engineering and interface directly with part suppliers
- Provide input to new designs to improve product reliability
- Perform reliability modelling and predictions (Including MTBF calculations)
- A complete understanding of Component environmental requirements and “YTEOL” (Years to End of Life)
- Create and revise part procurement specifications for definition and control purposes to facilitate part/material acquisition.
- Support supplier management and material procurement activities
- Finding an alternate component / new component for existing / new product design based on cost and availability
- Interface with various material suppliers to obtain documentation related to compliance standards and working closely with environmental compliance analyst to update this information into PLM / ERP database
- Actively identifying obsolete components / suppliers and develop solutions to resolve all such issues
- Ensure all existing and new internal part number descriptions are correct and add all the missing attributes for various component parts in the database
- Perform fault analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or Physics
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to lead
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with Component Procurement
- Knowledge of or ability to research a device manufacturer’s products and part numbering convention and understand the product definition / specifications defined
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in developing obsolescence mitigation options
- Experience with product and procurement management systems
- Experience with ‘data mining’ solutions, such as SiliconExpert
- Experience with configuration management processes as part of the product life cycle
- Understanding Bill of materials and manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with electrical / electronic manufacturing products is a plus
- Prior experience working as a component engineer or electrical design engineer is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the complex documents and engineering drawings
- Ability to write scientific documents where required with test results obtained from component qualification or unit level testing
- Due to US export control laws, candidates must be US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders
Due to US export control laws, candidates must be US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders.
Benefits of working at DDC:
- People–Focused Policies
- Career Development
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Referral Program