Component Fabricator 1
Arrowhead Products, Inc.
Los Alamitos, CA
We Fly with the Fastest …
With 80+ years of experience and reliability, our products are aboard virtually every major commercial, military and space vehicle program. Our talented, loyal and dedicated employees provide highest quality and innovative solutions, products and services to meet our customers’ needs.
This position will assist in the successful fabrication of Arrowhead Products Components and Component products. This includes Parts Deburrer, Material Form Operator (Brake/Utility), Equipment Operator (Saw/Grob/Shear), Tube Bender Operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Will polish and remove burrs from metal parts by using tools such as power disc sander, rotary files, manual hand files, automatic tumbler machines, hand knives and any other necessary power equipment or deburring tools.
• Able to set-up and operate hand power tools, drill presses, simple drill jigs, tube sizing, end finish, bead rollers, pull-thru, nibbler, plug size and ring size machines.
• Able to set up and operate all shear machines, grob saw, abrasives and bar saws.
• Will operate CNC machines (not set up).
• Will set up and operate various types and sizes of power brakes.
• Will plan sequence of operations, select proper dyes, set guides, align bed and ram, adjust depth of stroke, and set stops with reference to bend data information.
• Will set up, operate, and tear down machinery for tube forming, sizing, and bending as well brake forming.
• Will maintain material control and ensure accurate traceability.
• May need to obtain Forklift certification and in-house training to operate Crane.
• Will maintain and verify records of all tooling location within area.
• Will set up and operate and tear down of various types and sizes of tube bending machines.
• Will tear down and rebuild all tooling to sustain the highest quality possible for reuse.
• Will perform set-up and running of hot form die operations.
• Will perform tool proofing and verification of first article.
• Will share knowledge with operators and other set-up personnel as directed.
• Will work to close tolerances and prove out designs to print with minimum assistance or jig/fixture use.
• Responsible for assisting the department in the development of techniques to increase productivity, quality, and throughput of products and to share job knowledge in the department.
• Will maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly, FOD-free fashion and adhere to all Safety standards.
• This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other job duties consistent with the Component Fabricator Job Family within the new Job Family Structure may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent; previous manufacturing experience may be substituted for education requirement.
• Employees must bid into these classifications before progression is allowed to higher levels.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to interpret blueprints, work orders and production planning documents.
• Ability to use standard manufacturing measuring instruments such as calipers, pin calipers, micrometers, tape measures, scales, height gauges, depth gauges, etc.
• Must be capable of working with tight tolerances such as + or - .001”.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions; including production control and other production/engineering documentation.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to perform quality work in a safe and efficient manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent lifting of up to 35 lbs.
• Frequent pushing and pulling.
• Bend, stoop, squat occasionally.
• Sit, stand and walk frequently.
• Talk and listen frequently.
• Frequent use of computer.
• Constant use and motion of hands and arms.
• Constant exposure to manufacturing shop noise
List any additional special requirements.
Benefits we are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company-paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- On-site Cafeteria
- Direct Deposit
Arrowhead Products is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Arrowhead Products is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random testing. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Limitations and Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed, modified, or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.
“Arrowhead Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Arrowhead Products is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”