Component Project Coordinator
Lumbermen's Of Indiana
Byron Center, MI
WHO WE ARE:
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan since 1955, Lumbermen’s operates in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. A leading distributor and manufacturer, we are driven by our mission to enrich lives by intentionally caring for all who experience us. We are employee owned and relationship powered.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Our Counter Solutions Division focuses on residential, commercial, and component countertop applications throughout the Lumbermen’s territories. This position would work closely with our solid surface and stone component manufacturing and office furniture customers by providing estimates and coordinating orders with our project teams. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Living Out Lumbermen’s Culture – Modeling Lumbermen’s core values while creating an atmosphere where Lumbermen’s is ‘first choice’ of our customers.
- Modeling Safety – Being a safety-minded team player who will contribute to the protection of all employee owners.
- Reviewing – Reviewing customer supplied specifications/drawings and formulating estimates based on labor and material cost analyses
- Coordinating/Follow up – Coordination and follow-up with vendors and production teams to meet required project time frames. Communication with warehouse logistics to ensure on-time deliveries
- Customer Relations – Developing and maintaining ongoing customer price programs. Data entry of customer orders and emailing customer acknowledgments to verify pricing and ship dates.
- Quoting - Providing product knowledge and expertise when it comes to the materials we are quoting
- Production Collaboration – Working in tandem with the Lumbermen’s team to provide the Counter Solutions Experience to our customers
WHO WE NEED:
An employee owner who embraces, models, and promotes Lumbermen’s Mission, Vision, and Promise and has:
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications received from customers
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Natural detail orientation
- Solid understanding of importance of accuracy and precision in work
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- High school diploma required – Bachelor’s degree beneficial
- Project planning/scheduling experience desired
- Countertop or Office Furniture related industry experience beneficial, but not required
WHAT WE OFFER:
Lumbermen’s exists to enrich the lives of people by intentionally caring for all who experience us. You will experience a different kind of work environment and “family” here and help live out the Lumbermen’s promises of committing to those who count on us, doing what’s right, exercising sound business practices and earning consideration. Other benefits include:
- A collaborative and supportive work environment
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – generous company-funded retirement
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible spending/health savings account
- The SOURCE – free and confidential support resources for our team
- Clothing allowance (for applicable roles)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Training and development
- Advancement opportunities
Lumbermen’s is proud to be a drug and alcohol-free workplace. In addition, Lumbermen’s will not discriminate against any employee or candidate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We participate in E-Verify.