Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
- We are searching for dynamic and experienced Components Engineer to join our Supply Chain Organization at Novanta!
In this role you will:
- Source, select and qualify components used in Novanta Technology.
- Investigate alternate component technologies or supplies, reducing risk, costs and improving quality and reliability.
- Communicate complex ideas, anticipate potential objections, and persuade others often at senior levels to adopt different point of views.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of stakeholder requirements (BU and GSM)
- Act as the technical interface between component/production suppliers and development engineers determining new and alternate sources.
- Develop guidelines/procedures on component selection. Evaluate supplier change or EOL notification as needed. Maintain component data management systems including qualification records/results/documentation.
- Component engineering serves as the central technical resource collaborating with engineering, manufacturing, technical support, installation, quality, marketing, part supply chain, and field as the product(s) move through the Product Life Cycle. Will be fully coordinated and working directly with the aforementioned teams to incorporate beneficial serviceability, part supportability, and service business practice improvements into product serviceability
- Advanced technical skills assessing supplier capabilities
- Global mindset & good networking skills
- Self-determined and goal oriented, strategic, proactive and team player with the drive to implement changes
- Ability to discuss designs with supplier to optimize designs for manufacture
- Possess knowledge of surface mount passive component (resistors, inductor and capacitors) and interaction with module SIP package
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve project goal
- Proactive communication skills & attention to details
- Able to work in fast-pace environment
- Demonstrate multi-tasking across different projects
- Support products from development stage to product release.
- Develop and execute component evaluation from both electrical and mechanical aspects
- Understand new technology and process used in new components and apply knowledge to improve quality/reliability as needed
- Develop guideline and procedure for new component qualification
- Identify critical and high-risk area for new technology
- Review, address and manage supplier process change notification as well as all other changes that may affect Novanta product yield, quality and reliability
- Maintain component data management system
- Understand component application condition and set up guideline internally
- Understand component roadmap and make necessary suggestion to supplier to fulfill Novanta product requirement
- Plan, procure and track SMT materials required to support development, qualification and initial ramp to volume builds
- Clear communication when working with Engineering, suppliers, and contract manufacturers
- Develops strong partnerships across our organization
- Brings a positive, service-oriented approach to work
- Is driven by creating unique and efficient solutions for business challenges
- Can articulate thoughts clearly as well as listen to and considers others’ ideas
- Is passionate about their contribution to Fossil
- Has a great time at work and encourages others to do the same
- Strict compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
- Implementation of the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, Training and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or other technical disciplines
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software
- Knowledgeable of electrical active and passive components
- Technical literacy and attention to detail when reading datasheets, application notes, design requirements, and mechanical drawings
- Experience using Arena PLM or other similar product lifecycle management systems
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.