Components Inventory Control – Supv I, Logistics
Texas Pneumatic Systems, Inc.
The Logistics Supervisor I supervise, leads, and assists multiple teams and shifts in the support of internal and external customer requirements. The area of responsibility may include one or a combination of the following areas: Purchasing, Stores, Shipping, Receiving, and Tooling.
What to Expect:
- Sign On Bonus available!
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, Day shift
- Full Time- Salaried Position
- Eligible to participate in Management Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) match, Sick/Vacation/Holiday pay)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, leads, and reassigns support team in response to workload requirements.
- Coaches and mentors team members.
- Manages activities related to tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, and receiving.
- Ensures assigned team members are consistently practicing appropriate safety procedures.
- Primary accountability for assigned area or shifts operation including staffing, budget, and customer satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains solid relationships with customers, suppliers and all ATS personnel.
- Provides premier customer service support to assigned internal and external customers.
- Interfaces with suppliers and are responsible for high quality vendor performance and identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assists with negotiations, purchasing contracts, and agreements.
- Determines sources of supply for goods and services by requesting, receiving, and analyzing RFIs, RFPs, RFQs and bids. Makes substantiated recommendations for appropriate actions.
- Determines objectives, focus, and priorities of the area and builds group momentum to accomplish goals.
- Runs efficient, informative, and participatory meetings. Encourages team collaboration.
- Ensures that all regulatory and customer requirements and contractual obligations are met, including maintenance of certification records, documents, and manuals for the department.
- Provides team members opportunities in growth and development and administers training programs.
- Develops and implements effective corrective action for any findings issued in areas of responsibility during internal or external audit.
- Collaborates and works cross functionally to resolve discrepancies.
- Create standard work or procedures as needed for new processes
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Proficient in driving light duty trucks and operating pallet jacks and hand trucks.
- Successful completion of 49CFR and IATA dangerous goods training within 90 days of hire and maintain certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand the regulations, procedures, and other documentation associated with the business.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize multiple projects.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close. The employee will also be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
EEO Employer: ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state, or local laws. ATS is also committed to protecting its applicants for employment and independent contractors from unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications or business necessity will be adhered to where appropriate.
As part of our equal employment opportunity policy, ATS will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, Armed Forces veterans and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.