Composite Associate 1 – Entry Level
Arrowhead Products, Inc.
Los Alamitos, CA
We Fly with the Fastest …
With 80+ years of experience and reliability, our products are aboard virtually every major commercial, military and space vehicle program. Our talented, loyal and dedicated employees provide highest quality and innovative solutions, products and services to meet our customers’ needs.
Today, we're seeking a Composite Associate 1 to add to our Composite production operations. As a Composite Associate, your primary responsibility will be the fabrication of Arrowhead Products' composite/non-metal components and products.
Successful candidates will perform the following essential duties & responsibilities, which include but are not limited to:
This position will perform fabrication of Arrowhead Products Composite/Non-Metal components & products. It is a combination of the following jobs: Parts Identifier, Hand Builder, Laminator, Assembler, Insulation Fabricator, Fabric Cutter, General Service Person and Parts Fabrication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Will utilize blueprints and production planning instructions to perform marking, identification, trimming, cutting, drilling and assembly of composite/non-metal parts.
• Perform operations such as vacuum bagging/sealing, curing and trimming insulation materials, applying plastic impregnated fiberglass fabric and metal to semi-finished blankets, cutting materials to pattern, hand lay-up, wrapping insulation blankets on to ducting.
• Develop patterns for lay up to produce parts to specific and drawing requirements.
• Operate curing ovens, power vise, fabric dinking machine, Gerber Cutter, routers, hand/power tools and other machinery related to composite fabrication.
• Will work with materials such as honeycomb, coated fabrics, rubber, adhesives, cements, plastics and other materials related to composite fabrication.
• Will make void-free laminates and perform acceptable repairs to parts per blueprint specifications or planning requirements.
• Will make and perform tool setups as needed.
• Will perform material use calculation and accurate tracking for inventory record keeping.
• Will perform auxiliary operations such as handling/moving parts, tooling and materials, tool stripping, spray painting, steam cleaning and secondary wrapping operations.
• Responsible for assisting the department in the development of techniques to increase productivity, quality, and throughput of products and to share job knowledge in the department.
• Record all trace ability information of material used and log on shop travelers.
• Will maintain work area and equipment in a clean, orderly, FOD-free fashion and adhere to all Safety standards.
• This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other job duties consistent with the Composite Associate Job Family may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous Composites fabrication experience preferred and may be substituted for education requirement.
• *Employees must bid into these classifications before progression is allowed to higher levels.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to perform quality work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to interpret blueprints, work orders and production planning documents.
• Ability to use standard manufacturing measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, tape measures, and scales.
• Must be capable of working with tight tolerances such as + or - .001”.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent lifting of up to 35 lbs.
• Frequent pushing and pulling.
• Bend, stoop, squat occasionally.
• Sit, stand and walk frequently.
• Talk and listen frequently.
• Occasional use of computer.
• Constant use and motion of hands and arms.
• Constant exposure to manufacturing shop noise.
List any additional special requirements.
Benefits we are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company-paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- On-site Cafeteria
- Direct Deposit
Arrowhead Products is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Arrowhead Products is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random testing. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans.
Limitations and Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed, modified, or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.
"Arrowhead does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Arrowhead is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes."