Composite Fabricator C
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Everett, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
In this position employees work with a variety of materials (e.g., plastics, rubber, aluminum) in experimental projects. Working with autoclaves and ovens used for curing pre-preg materials and coordinating the work with higher graded shop employees. Employment in this position also requires lifting 10-35 pounds, lifting less than 10 pounds, reaching, handling, turning/twisting, lifting/lowering, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling, contact with metals and composites, exposure to moving parts and tools, pinch points, sharp cutters and slipping hazards, noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, respiration, ears and feet. May require working from high/exposed places, tight spaces and work from ladders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain work from sources (e.g., lead, work orders, shop requests,) for daily work assignments.
- Perform planned work, repair or rework of materials (e.g., thermal plastics, rubber, bonded assemblies) as required.
- Operate a personal computer (PC) to access programs required to perform job functions as required.
- Work with higher grade employees to read/interpret blueprints (e.g., tooling, engineering, production) and specifications, as required.
- Calculate math dimensions working with sample parts, sketches or verbal instructions for fabricating details, as required.
- Work with higher grade employees to provide production/tooling assistance to layout dimensions and and/or holes when tools are not available to production shop.
- Operate hand/power tools (e.g., jitterbug, dotco) for cutting or trimming, as required. Work with materials to perform bonding/curing (e.g., thermal plastic, rubber, resins, adhesives) in the experimental lay up process, as required.
- Use precision measuring tools (e.g., calipers, scales, micrometers) to check work performed.
- Work with personnel (e.g., lead, planning, engineering, supervision) to resolve tooling issues, as required. Use personal protective equipment when using chemicals (e.g., resins, frekote, paints, sealant, solvents) required in the fabrication process.
- Maintain required certifications (e.g., fay seal, edge seal, seal bond) used in the fabrication process.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to use a computer and database to download work instructions.
- Basic knowledge in using precision measuring tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers, depth gauges, etc.)
- Basic knowledge and experience in the composite fabrication process.
- Working with autoclaves and ovens used for curing pre-prep materials.
- Employment in this position also requires lifting 10-35 pounds, lifting less than 10 pounds, reaching, handling, turning/twisting, lifting/lowering, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling, contact with metals and composites, exposure to moving parts and tools, pinch points, sharp cutters and slipping hazards, noise and atmospheric conditions, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, respiration, ears and feet. May require working from high/exposed places, tight spaces and work from ladders.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person is required. “United States Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.”
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
- Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement