Composite Mechanic – Security Clearance Required
Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
- Work within a team and independently to build composite structure details and assemblies using carbon and other composite materials
- Work to instructions from drawings, documents, process specifications, quality control requirements, and established processes and procedures, to assure the timely delivery of quality products to the customer
- Perform multi-tasking and multi-machine operation where applicable
- Working on platforms up to ten feet above the ground
- Working in confined spaces
- Composite experience
- Wet Layup, graphite
- Bagging of complex parts
- Working with hand tools
- Composite sanding
- This role requires US Citizenship
- Candidates must have an active DoD clearance with an investigation completed within the past six years
- Candidates must be able to secure Program access approval
- All applicants must be willing and able to work any shift, including alternative work weeks and some weekends
- All Candidates must pass the WorkKeys Assessment (workkeys.com) or provide verification that they have passed the WorkKeys Assessment. Delay in completing your WorkKeys Assessment will result in a delay in your start date. You may complete your assessment in advance of an interview
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.