Composite Spray Painter 1
Applied Composites Engineering, Inc.
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking a Painter Prep Technician 1 to assist in the preparation of structural aviation parts to be primed and painted in accordance with company, customer, and FAA requirements.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Perform aircraft part preparation by cleaning, sanding, and masking with little supervision
- Ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, signoffs and quality specifications
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders and paint sprayers
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools
- Utilize the company's ERP system to accurately track time and materials for customer jobs
- Keep paint areas neat and clean
- Undertake work within the capabilities you are certified to or as directed by your manager
- Work to be done in compliance with Government, Customer and Regulatory Bodies
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years’ Experience: 0-1 years of relevant experience
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Familiarity with modern mixed paints and thinner variations preferred
- High standards of craftsmanship
- Ability to interpret technical data and maintenance manuals
- Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines; using excellent interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
- Self-motivated with problem solving and decision-making skills
- Team player
- Excellent hand skills
- Willing to work flexible hours and over time
- Good mechanical aptitude
- High attention to detail
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.