COMPOSITE TECH LVL III
Universal Cargo Doors & Service, LLC
The Aircraft Composite Technician III reports to the Structures Manager and receives task assignments and technical supervision
from the Lead Technician. This position is suited for candidates who have 5+years experience performing aircraft-related composite repairs on airframe type(s) currently in work at Commercial Jet Inc.
· Under moderate supervision, perform one or more of the following composite part manufacturing functions: lay-up, cutting, bagging, autoclave, trimming, and/or repair, in a production environment.
· Manufacture composite aircraft parts to meet manufacturing specifications, in a team oriented work environment.
· Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine
sequence of operations.
· Check all work and ensure a defect free assembly prior to inspection.
· Maintain and use all logs and records. Example: MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, DR/DI, etc.
· Perform the assigned maintenance task in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations, customers approved maintenance program, approved or acceptable data.
· Perform high quality and airworthy work in accordance with the Task Card instructions provided to them by the Project Manager and/or their Lead.
- Become familiar with and follow the requirements of this Repair Station Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, Advisory Circulars, Manufacturer’s Service Bulletins, Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Aircraft Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC), Structural Repair Manual (SRM), and any other required to perform their assigned work. Never begin any maintenance unless in possession of the proper, current and applicable approved or acceptable data.
· Ensure task card (entry/exit) times and materials used are recorded accurately and in a timely manner to task card employee is actively working.
· Adhere to Commercial Jet’s standard procedures and policies.
· Accurately and legibly, record the maintenance or alteration on the proper repair station and/or customer supplied forms including their signature or initials and employee number.
· Report any difficulties, uncertainties, unserviceable equipment or potential safety hazards to their supervisor and observe all safety precautions in the performance of assigned tasks at all times.
· Report any tool issues to stores and ensure the correct tag is attached and properly completed.
· Take part in any required training including GMM and safety.
· Keep all work areas clean and orderly.
· Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED. Current FAA Airframe License preferred.
5+ years of aircraft-related composite repair experience
on airframe type(s) currently in work at Commercial Jet Services.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Must have own tools, as provided on CJ list of required tooling. Is required to be proficient in oral and written English.