Composite Technician III
Radiant Power Corporation
WE SAVE LIVES! For over 45 years Robertson Fuel Systems, a HEICO company, continues to be the world leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of crashworthy fuel systems. The Company’s technology, experience, and capability in fuel containment are paramount to both its defense and civil customers. Engineered to help prevent post-incident fires, its fuel solutions save lives.
Benefits of the Composite Technician III
- 4X10 Schedule with every Friday Off
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Generous PTO
- Educational Assistance
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, and Short-Term Disability
- EAP and Wellness Plan
The Composite Technician III Position
The mission of every Robertson employee is to execute their responsibilities with the #1 goal of saving and protecting the lives of service members across the globe. Primary duties include processing lay-up techniques to include pre-preg or wet lay-up, cutting, bagging, basic repair, and or trimming operations in the composite repair of aerospace, and related fiberglass products as well as sanding, potting of inserts, filling, and laminating repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Composite Technician III:
- Reads and understands drawings, work orders, work instructions, and manufacturing orders.
- Weighs out resins and adhesives in secondary containers to the correct ratios with material identification and lot number traceability.
- Marks and cuts woven material, tape materials and core materials following templates, guides or specific dimensions.
- Smooths successive layers to build required thickness free from wrinkles, air pockets or voids.
- Demonstrates proper vacuum bagging and leak check methods.
- Routes, drills, trims and sands to drawing dimensions and tolerances.
- Demonstrates proper filling and fairing techniques using contour fillers with both hand and power sanders.
- Records operational steps completed including lot numbers and expiration dates for material traceability.
- Interacts with Quality and Supply Chain as required.
- Adherence to Export Control and Technology Control Plan (TCP) as applicable to job function
- Adherence to Compliance Plan and Employee Policy Manual
- Ability to accomplish duties and responsibilities with minimal or intermittent supervision.
- Bonds prep composite and metallic surfaces for subsequent bonding.
- Positions machining/route fixtures to blueprint tolerances and machine using power tools.
- Bonds components using jigs and fixtures.
- Completes final assembly of finished components using adhesives, inserts and fasteners.
- Performs preventive maintenance on tooling and equipment.
- Conducts conductivity verification and recording.
- Operates and monitors oven controllers.
- Assists with training and on-the-job learning initiatives for lesser experienced Composite Technicians
- Completes the fabrication of composite models and tooling for production.
- Performs preventative maintenance and logs recording of equipment.
- Assists with the scheduling of workflow to meet product requirements.
- Inventories parts required to fabricate containers.
- Works with Engineering on manufacturing order and Blueprint improvements
- Completes in process inspection and verifications in manufacturing orders and Work Orders.
- Ensures product meets blueprint and process specification tolerances.
- Interacts with Engineering as required.
- Reviews change/ deficiency requests for drawing, work orders, work instructions, and manufacturing orders.
- Completes in process inspection and verifications in manufacturing and work orders.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover nor contain a static listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.
- Additional duties may be assigned.