Composite Technician – Lamination (2nd Shift)
Applied Composites Engineering, Inc.
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking a Composite Technician - Lamination (2nd Shift) who places resin pre-impregnated fabrics and tapes onto layup molds, consolidates precured face sheets and core, and knows fiber direction and ply orientation. Handles prepreg, adhesive, core, and other layup materials. Cuts vacuum bag materials and creates vacuum bags. Prepares parts for transfer to the autoclave department. Ensures layups and vacuum bags are prepared according to the requirements of manufacturing instructions. The technician learns quickly, works quickly, performs high-quality work, works well with others, and is focused on completing the task.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense, and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Reads and follow basic instructions and diagrams in English
- Use basic shop math skills to record information such as freezer out-time and mixture weights
- Follow standard shop practices and quality standards in the aerospace industry
- Prepare molds using shop approved release agents
- Layup materials to molds and remove air pockets using approved hands, squeegees, and heat guns
- Occasionally mix resins and catalysts as specified
- Trim materials using scissors or knife without damaging the layup mold
- Perform physical and environmental checks and document work onto manufacturing travelers
- Laminates plies of prepreg with minimal supervision oversight, ensuring that the plies are well-compacted, correctly oriented, and comply to the stated tolerances
- Vacuum bag parts applying best-practices, ensuring that the vacuum bags do not leak during cure
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education: Requires a High School Diploma/GED or combination of relevant education and work experience may be substituted to meet educational requirements only
Years' Experience: Minimum of one (1) year previous experience
- Ability to lay-up and vacuum bag complex parts
- Possesses knowledge of composites and composite terms
- Awareness of the overall composites process (design, tooling, layup, cure, trim, assembly and inspection)
- Possesses excellent technical management and communication skills
- Ability to manage time to get work completed on schedule
- Ability to communicate process issues with leads, supervisors, and engineering
- Ability to coordinate work-flow with other departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment performing accurate and quality products
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Monday - Friday
2nd Shift: 3:15pm - 11:45pm