Composite Technician – Lamination (2nd Shift)
Applied Composites Engineering, Inc.
Lake Forest, CA
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking a Composite Technician (2nd Shift) who be responsible for performing a variety of routine mechanical assembly operations, under moderate guidance and in accordance with company policy and safety procedures.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Performs a variety of routine mechanical assembly operations in accordance with company instructions and procedures
- Conducts inspections of own and /or other associates work to insure correctness in accordance with company and /or customer drawing
- Applies process specifications governing the production of product within an assigned cell, records production time and quantity data
- Maintains work area under company guidelines and participates in events as required
- Provides simple welding tasks and/or brazing, or soldering and may operate light machinery such as sand blaster, or electro- etching processing and press
- Actively demonstrates all safety policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years’ Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Skilled at routine mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations
- Able to operate a variety of hand tools and machinery
- Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
- Good manual dexterity required to work with small parts
- Capable of recognizing and solving typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal skills
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Monday - Friday
2nd Shift: 3pm-12am ($1 dollar shift differential for night shift)