Composite Vessels Engineer, New Energies (W/M) – Troy (US)
BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC
Hungry for challenges? Join a group with innovation at its heart and contribute to the automotive revolution!
With 31,000 team members located in 26 countries and a 2020 revenue of €7.7 billion, Plastic Omnium is world leader in intelligent exterior systems, clean energy systems and front-end modules.
At the heart of the automotive industry’s transformation, Plastic Omnium helps automotive manufacturers to develop technologies for all engine types: gasoline, diesel, hybrid and plug-in hybrid. Leading the way in clean technology, the Group is designing innovative hydrogen solutions for zero-emission electric mobility.
Our ambition? Provide automakers with cutting-edge equipment and solutions to develop tomorrow’s clean and connected car.
In the frame of High Pressure Vessels development, we are searching for a Project Engineer - Composite Vessels
The Project Engineer is responsible for the management of all aspects of the project assigned to him. He makes sure that he is the linchpin regarding project data and is aware of all activities concerning the project and can provide the necessary feedback internally and externally.
He is the point of contact and the coordinator of the project assigned to him, whether or not in consultation with the Operations Manager.
TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES
- Understands the production process applied on hydrogen systems from raw materials to final packaging.
- Identifies main characteristics for each step of the production process, define the possible process flow charts. Formalizes the relevant technical specification for every single process step,
- Preparation (if not available) and checking of production reports and test forms assigned to his project.
- Communication and consultation with the project client. Progress reviews, time-line adjustments, contract adjustments and agreements (in consultation with the Managing Associate).
- Setting up the organization and structure for his project.
- Motivation and monitoring of all project staff - both our own staff and external staff.
- Division of tasks and authorities within his project.
- Identification management of project materials and products (prototypes, semi-finished and finished products).
- Managing the purchases required for this project (materials, external tests, equipment, etc.) from suppliers.
- Ensuring the necessary calibrations are carried out for his project.
- Finding and contacting an external supplier for the execution of his project.
- Supervising all purchasing, development, testing and other activities related to his project.
- Maintaining commercial relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Monitoring of objectives within ISO 9001:2008.
- Operates according to the procedure/instructions and forms described in ISO 9001 ECE R110 and others
- Accountable for Quality, Timing, Cost on his projects. Reassess periodically and alert in case of drift.
- Reports to the management team through Project “gate” reviews.
- Master degree in Engineering, Materials, Composites
Skills & Abilities
- Develops & maintains relevant know-how, capitalizes experience, ensures the diffusion of his knowledge
- Follows technical and scientific literature (including patents) in his field of expertise
- Good knowledge of polymers, plastic processing, testing & analytical techniques
- Fluent in English
- Aptitude in communication, leadership, training & team motivation
As a responsible company, Plastic Omnium pays particular attention to diversity and equality within its teams and the Group commits to treat all job applications equally.