Composites and Bonding Specialist
Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Work Location: Kinston, NC
- Fabricates detail parts and sub-assemblies from composite and bonded materials using conventional, numerical control, and special composite/bonding fabrication equipment.
- Performs related functions to provide complete composite/bonding fabrication details and subassemblies.
- Ensures the manufacture of completed units by overseeing activities such as assembly of components into subassemblies; mating or joining of structural assemblies (metallic and nonmetallic); installation of systems (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic) that are fastened with screws, bolts, rivets, solder, crimping or swaging, connectors, or adhesives; and testing with mechanical, electrical, and electronic test equipment.
- Interfaces with engineering, management, suppliers, and customers to meet product requirements and customer acceptance.
- 3+ years of professional experience within aerospace or similar manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working with multiple cross functional groups (Quality, Assembly, Procurement, Supply Chain, Machining, etc.)
- Experience developing and managing a statement of work on time and within budget
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership/management role
- At least 3 years’ experience in Aerospace
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using SAP
- Ability to work any shift, including alternative work weeks
- Experience working in a union environment with collective bargaining agreements
- Experience monitoring cost
- Experience managing projects
- Experience with strategic planning
- Experience working with new product introduction (NPI)
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.