Composites Now Forklift Operator
Mickey Truck Bodies, Inc.
High Point, NC
Are you an experienced and certified forklift operator who can operate inside and outside with large material? Do you have skills in inventory management? If you so, consider joining the Mickey Truck Body family by applying today!
$500 Hiring Bonus!!
1st Shift 6:30 AM to 5 PM Monday through Thursday (OT on Friday as needed for production)
$16.50 to start
Mickey Truck Bodies is a premier manufacturer of state-of-the-art bodies and trailers and specially engineered vehicles sold in over 50 countries around the world. The innovative product line-up is prevalent in industries such as food & beverage, vending, propane, rental trucks, emergency & rescue, furniture, battery, oil & natural gas, and data storage. The company operates a total of 500,000 square feet of manufacturing and fleet services space among 6 separate locations (High Point and Thomasville, NC; Bloomington, IL; Ocala, FL; Freehold NJ; and Berwick, PA.) There are 410 total Mickey employees at these locations.
Since it was founded in High Point, NC in 1904, Mickey has remained privately-owned and operated by the Mickey family, now in its 4th generation of ownership and leadership.
Mickey Truck Bodies offers employees a competitive compensation and benefit package including:
- Hiring Bonus $500
- Productivity and Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Employee cost share)
- Wellness Plan with Incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance with AD&D Policy
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Supplemental Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance plans
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal Shield
The forklift operator position maintains material and parts inventory to the production areas and provides status information to expedite movement of material and parts between production areas by performing the following duties.
- Manage and maneuver large material inside and outside buildings
- Pull and prepare product for Production.
- Pick inventory.
- Ensure proper stock rotation and inventory transfers are made with scanner.
- Assist with cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Load and Unload trailers.
- Operate fork lift, flat bed and body mover.
- Moves material with appropriate equipment throughout production.
- Clean up work area daily.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision.
- Maintain clean and safe workspace, while achieving productivity and quality standards.
Required Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- Forklift certified including extended forks
- Ability to read a tape measure is required.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments within the parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Must be able to perform math calculations such as using fractions to solve manufacturing/assembly issues.
- Experience with RF handheld.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Requires ability to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Requires ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Specific vision ability required includes close, distance, color, and peripheral vision with depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing work environment that has frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, noise intensity level, proximity to moving mechanical parts and exposure to weather.