Compound Chemical Weigher I (Pre Weigh Associate)
Swiss American CDMO, LLC
Compounding Chemical Weigher I
Position Summary: The Compounding Weigher I is responsible for accurately weighing the necessary chemical, transferring the chemical to the Weigh Room in AWS, and posting the chemical to the assigned Pick List Lot # in AWS as assigned by the Compounding Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow all SOPs but particularly follow the SOPs that are specific to the Automated Warehouse Inventory Control System ( AWS) and the Weighing Department.
- Calibrate weight scales on a daily basis.
- Verify that the chemical to be weighed is NOT Expired.
- Verify that the chemical to be weighed has been stamped with a Quality Release stamp.
- Verify that the chemical to be weighed is the correct item # and lot #.
- Accurately weigh the necessary chemical in the correct unit of measure. To include: using the correct container, filling out label with correct Lot # from chemical, print and attach correct weight receipt on label, attach completed label to container with correct chemical.
- Use the appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary.
- The ability to use a pallet jack, floor cleaner cart, and drum lifter.
- Properly organizes the chemicals that have been weighed on a pallet(s). Transfers pallet to assigned row in Compound Room.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Compounding Weigh Room. To include: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and dusting all assigned areas. Remove trash on a daily basis from Weigh Room and assigned area.
- Restock clean buckets, lids, gloves, zip lock bags, trash bags, and whatever else is needed to be successful.
- Participates as a team player by promoting a harmonious working environment through co-operation, respect, and personal initiative.
- Review relevant procedures to assure training is kept up-to-date.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Compound Manger or Compound Supervisor.
- Must be able to fill in for a Compounding Chemical Weigher II when absent
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or 0 – 1 year of Compounding Chemical Weighing experience with 6 – 12 months of compounding experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Some computer skills needed for the handheld scanner.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications or license needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.