COMPOUNDER – 3rd Shift
Grand Island, NY
Job SummaryThe compounding operator is responsible for the accurate weighing, checking and verification when mixing specific chemical compounds for product formulation in a Class 100,000 clean room environment. Performs monitoring of mixing and ancillary support equipment throughout formulation and filling and executes calibrations and preventive maintenance activities. Routinely complies with cGMP’s, departmental SOP’s and company policies and maintains accurate documentation for each batch manufactured.
The compounding operator reports directly to the Formulation Supervisor. This position requires experience working in pharmaceutical, food or process related manufacturing environment; ability to accurately weigh measure and follow written direction and standard operating procedures. Additionally, this position requires good mechanical and trouble shooting skills and must be able to communicate and work in a team environment. The compounder operator directly interacts with Aseptic Control Operator Filler and Stopper Prep Operator to assure the timely delivery of formulated products. Make minor adjustments and assist with changeover and set-up to equipment.
- Associates Degree or equivalent relevant work experience is preferred.
- Must have 2 years minimum of experience working in pharmaceutical or related manufacturing environment.
- Heavy lifting is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Must be trained and qualified in Personal Protective Equipment [PPE], i.e. respirators.
- Must have good attention to detail, basic problem solving, communication and good documentation skills.
- Mechanical troubleshooting ability a plus.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, disability, 401K with company match, and wellness program.
Fresenius Kabi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, disabilities, or protected veteran status.