COMPOUNDER-ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Do you have experience mixing chemicals in a manufacturing environment? Are you looking for an important role in the fastest growing manufacturer in the Lehigh Valley? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
About Us and What we Offer You
Since 1992, we have formulated, manufactured, and filled a wide variety of products for companies in personal, health, and home care markets.
Chemical Mixers/Compounders play an important role in the accuracy and quality of the being produced. Because of our year-over-year growth and success, we are currently seeking Chemical Mixers/Compounders to add to our existing, strong and highly competent compounding team. We are not just seeking compounders but, rather, EXCEPTIONAL compounders.
We are actively seeking to hire Chemical Mixers/Compounders on multiple shifts. 1st Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm; 2nd Shift 4:00 pm - 12:30 am; 3rd Shift: 11:00 pm - 7:30 am. Qualified applicants will need to be flexible in order to complete training on other shifts as needed during the training period.
FMI's purpose is to "Inspire Full Potential." Ingrained in our DNA are strong Core Values which define who we are as a company and what we are unwaveringly looking for in employees.
- We are the customer's eyes
- We are respectful, encouraging, and helpful
- We are relentless and thoughtful to find the solution
- We always do right- even when it's hard
- We own it!
- We are "ALL IN"
FMI is taking extra precautions during the pandemic which is detailed here on our website https://www.fragrancemfg.com/bulletin-board/
Pay, Benefits, and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term disability, long term disability, and life insurance benefits are company paid!
- 401k with profit-sharing potential
- Employee appreciation and company events (COVID-19 safe)
- Bonus- earn an additional money of annual pay if the company achieves goals
- Paid time off- starting at 13 days per year! (prorated based on start date)
- 8 paid holidays plus a personal holiday to use when you want
What the Job Looks Like
- Accurately weigh very small amounts of ingredients (tenths of a gram) to large amounts (several hundred kilos)
- Pour/pump materials into mix tanks
- Manually control and monitor mixing temperatures via steam valves
- Manually control and monitor agitation speeds
- Run basic, in-process tests primarily pH but you'll also need to do visual checks
- Pump out finished mixes into pails, drums, and totes
- Clean and sanitize all processing vessels, utensils, pumps, etc., according to procedures
Important Qualifications to your Success as the Chemical Mixers/Compounder
- 2 years of chemical mixing experience in quantities of 100 kilos or greater
- Forklift experience: sit-down lift preferred
- High attention to details
- Good math skills: All applicants interviewed will take, and must pass, a basic math test
- Mechanical aptitude the ability to perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of diaphragm pumps, electric and air agitators, etc.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Must be able to consistently and routinely lift up to 50 lbs. This is a physically demanding position that requires the ability to be standing, walking, lifting, pushing, and pulling throughout the duration of the shift
Affirmative Action/EEO statement FMI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice upon request. FMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].