S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
Lifestyle Brands (the LSB) is a growing house of like-minded brands under the SC Johnson umbrella including Method®, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®, Babyganics® and Ecover®. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional operations in Chicago and throughout Europe, the LSB is home to 650 employees. Together we act as a force for bold, transformative growth with a focus on delivering positive impact for people and the planet. If you’re into pioneering the future and doing good while doing business, come join us.
The LSB is part of SC Johnson, a family-owned company and leading manufacturer of household cleaning, home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care products, as well as professional products. Originally founded in 1886 and headquartered in Wisconsin, U.S.A., SC Johnson and the Lifestyle Brands division are at work for a better world.
Mixologists (our name for Compounders) are an important technical resource in the Southside Soapbox as they impact one extremely important aspect of products – the soap itself. Mixologists gather all ingredients, verify these ingredients against a formula, and then blend the ingredients together to make the world’s greatest soap. Additionally, Mixologists play an essential role in helping to maintain the highest plant cleanliness standards and they are responsible to ensure that all equipment is kept in a sanitary condition to avoid any contamination. Mixologists will strive to maintain the highest safety standards and ensure amazing product quality. Those individuals that are chosen to be Mixologists at the Soapbox will be the gatekeepers to our fresh + awesome products.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Mixologist will:
- Promote + adhere to safety rules + guidelines for all work processes, refusing to settle for shortcuts to ensure safety is the highest priority within the factory
- Perform all operations required to complete batches for use in filling operations – these operations include: weighing items, adding ingredients, following instructions, logging data, interfacing with support systems, verifying quality, tracking inventory and mixing elements together
- Follow documented processes to sanitize all processing equipment used in the operations at predefined intervals, and perform testing to verify that the sanitization is successful.
- Test + monitor for quality, ensuring our products uphold our standards to deliver a world class quality experience for all our customers
- Maintain a clean + welcoming workplace that complies with good manufacturing practices standards, 5S requirements + other established best practices
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our operations including support of TPM (total productive maintenance) and LEAN initiatives
- 5+ years of experience (consumer packaged goods preferred) as a compounder or blender
- Experience working in a chemical blending environment and knowledge of OSHA, Environmental and DOT requirements and regulations
- Understanding of software systems and interfaces
- Demonstrated track record of integrity + work ethic
- Candidates should have the ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours a day, performing manual duties
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and pour 50 pound containers of materials regularly
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime when needed
- Ability to communicate effectively both written + orally in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn + ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Rockstar health insurance benefits package
- Jolly-days: competitive vacation bundle
- Generous 401(k) retirement match + pre-tax savings options
- 3 Care Days (a.k.a. Volunteer Time-Off) a year, to be a force for good
- Global Ping Pong Tournament + Prom...you heard that right-- let's dance
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.