Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Under general supervision, the Production Compounder is primarily responsible for ensuring the solution is prepared for the production lines to complete finished product. The Production Compounder reports to the Production Supervisor.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all of the raw materials are available
- Ensures all kettles are clean, green tagged, and signed off for next use
- Set up equipment
- Pull samples for Quality, retain and microbial testing
- Ensures the weight of the product is accurate
- Dispenses the product accurately
- Completes and maintains proper documentation for each kettle
- Keep area clean daily
- Calibrate weight scales daily and weekly
- Ensure all equipment does not build up rust
- Prepare the brine solution
- Maintain Track solution with each batch record
- Ensure all equipment totes are clean and rinsed ready for next use
Required Education, Certification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years related experience in operating a machine in manufacturing environment
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Good communication and interaction skills.
- Able to follow written work instructions.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to work overtime.
- Problem Solving and decision making.
- Must be able to speak, write and read English. Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Able to properly use standard inspection equipment (calipers, thickness gage and other gages etc.).
- Basic computer skills using Word and Excel
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Be able to push or pull heavy objects up to 250 pounds
- Be able to work 8 - 12 hour shifts
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Routinely stand, sit, hear, walk, and talk
- Reach, climb, bend, kneel, crouch, twist and balance; sometimes in awkward or tight spaces
- Have good close vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus
- Safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe)
- Safety Glasses
- Protective Gloves; when performing certain tasks
- Hearing Protection; when required
- Other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Also will perform tasks inside cleanroom and must follow cleanroom work instructions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.