Compounding Pharmacy Technician
QuVa Pharma, Inc.
Position Title: Compounding Pharmacy Technician
The Compounding Pharmacy Technician compounds sterile preparations as per work instructions under pharmacist supervision and\or supervisor. In addition, this person assists in cleaning and maintenance of the work environment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Complies with all state and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy
- Ensures cleansing and garbing policy is performed exactly per sterile preparations
- Compounds all required types of sterile preparations accurately and in compliance with master worksheets
- Operates all compounding equipment accurately and according to policy and procedure
- Prepares work area and products thoroughly prior to compounding
- Compounds daily without fingertip growth during manual and semi-automated compounding operations
- Performs cleaning of the clean room areas thoroughly and according to policy without viable particle growth
- Maintains a high degree of productivity within recommended guidelines
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and continually strive to improve efficiency
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the job, completing all annual competencies and skills validations
- Passes all initial and on-going validations and advanced complex media-fill verifications
- Responsible for activities in production area(s) to meet goals, and quality objectives
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Effectively integrates knowledge into job and continuously attains new knowledge
- Understands and adheres to policies and procedures
- Comply with 503B guidelines; cGMPs, and company standards
- Other duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor. Assist other areas as needed (picking and preparation operations, etc.)
- Arrives at work as scheduled and notifies supervisors in a timely manner of any absences
- Recognizes priorities and takes action; makes productive use of time
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Knowledgeable in ISO 5/7 environment cleanroom gowning
- Basic mathematical skills, including knowledge of metric system and its unit conversion
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and how it applies to specific responsibilities and manufacturing operations
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) preferred
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician in the posting state preferred
- ACPE Sterile products certification preferred
- IV bags and/or syringe compounding experience preferred
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
It is the policy of QuVa Pharma to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.