Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Covetrus is a 5billion+ and growing global animal-health, manufacturing, technology, and services company. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of a medicine. We have more than 5,500 employees serving over 100,000 customers around the globe, and we are continuing to expand our operations here in the Phoenix area.
Reasons you’ll love working here:
We value safety in the workplace, diversity in our workforce and opportunities for growth. Which is why we offer the following:
· Competitive Pay.
· We focus on work/life balance – because we know your better when you can be you.
· Career development. Advancement to grow your skills. See where your Journey can take you.
We are a fast-moving dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. Compounding experience welcomed but not necessary. We will train.
· Follow proprietary formulations to compound commercially unavailable prescriptions into the appropriate dosage form.
· Compounding of sterile injectables, ophthalmics, oral liquids, topical agents, and tablets
· Participate in regular audits and inspections.
· Ensure the compounding lab is cleaned and maintained in accordance with procedures.
· Maintenance, calibration and proper documentation of scales, electronic meters, etc.
· Routinely checks for outdated or soon to expire chemicals.
· Complete compounding continuous education responsibilities
· Follow all safety training for handling hazardous substances.
· Understand and be familiar with cGMP guidance (21 CFR 211), 503B Guidance, USP<800>, USP<797>, USP<795> and other documents as assigned.
· Work closely with the Pharmacist in Charge to ensure a quality product is being compounded
· Monitor inventory levels and report low levels to the supervisor.
· Dispose of chemicals in the proper containers.
· Document quality procedures in the appropriate logs
· Perform continuous QA on compounds.
· Prepare samples for testing.
· Submit a QRE (remove) Initiate investigations for any deviations of standard procedure or product.
· Work closely with facility Pharmacists and internal Quality Assurance personnel
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of USP 795, USP 800, USP 795, and cGMP FDA 503B Guidelines
· Understanding of medical terminology and pharmacy calculations
· Ability to work efficiently in a timely manner.
· Close attention to detail
· Standards for accuracy and potency must be consistently met.
· Must be capable of working with small, delicate pieces of expensive equipment to complete appropriate dosage forms.
· Must be capable of donning and wearing all protective wear as required by procedure for each area. This includes, but not limited to: mask, gloves, lab coat, coveralls, hairnet, safety goggles and shoe covers.
· Must have knowledge of basic principles, theories, laws, policies and procedures that pertain to compounding and cGMP.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or equivalent
· One year of compounding experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
· National certification and state licensure current and in good standing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical laboratory environment. There is a potential exposure to chemicals used in the preparation of compounds and cleaning agents used in the facility. This position will require the ability to sit in an office or stand for an extended period of time. It also will require enough physical dexterity and fine motor skills to type, manipulate syringes, and work with delicate equipment and devices. The physical demands and work environment require enough flexibility and strength to undergo donning sterile garb from head to foot with all skin covered and the ability to pass medical clearance to wear an OSHA 95 respiratory mask. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Manual dexterity
· Adequate vision for tasks assigned.
· Good hand eye coordination
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by la
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobs that are in Colorado:
If you are a Colorado applicant, you are eligible to receive information about the salary range and benefits for this role. Please contact email@example.com