Compressed Air Assessment Engineer (Remote)
New Orleans, LA
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities.
Ingersoll Rand's North American Sales & Service Organization supports our customers with our entire suite of compressed air offerings. These include new oil free and oil flooded compressors, air treatment equipment, transactional services and CARE service contracts. Many of our customers use data to identify, prioritize and justify the ideal solution, which is where our team of Assessment Engineers gets involved.
This person hired into this position could expect to travel up to 50% of the time, with the rest of the time working remotely from a home office, in a commutable distance to travel to either our San Antonio, TX or Atlanta, GA Customer Center as needed.
The Compressed Air System Assessment Engineer provides value to our customers by identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency, reliability and quality of their compressed air system and quantifying how it impacts their business. Compressed air assessment services are consultative, like service offerings for our customers executed by dedicated assessors who identify opportunities for implementation of improvements to the system with Ingersoll Rand solutions.
- Works independently in order to identify problems and provide opportunities and solutions
- Build relationships and trust with multiple functions to identify and understand customer financials, processes, and procedures
- Analyze data gathered from investigation and identify solutions that will best fit the customers' needs
- Quantify compressed air waste and operational inefficiencies
- Investigate a compressed air system to identify issues associated with efficiency, reliability and quality
- Presents findings with graphical representations and power point materials to clearly explain and show recommendations to customer
- Manage the entire assessment process including pre-assess research, onsite assess data gathering and presentation, and post-assess paperwork
- Answers questions and provides follow up after the assess process
- Utilizes experience with compressed air and strong technical aptitude to quickly assess problems and apply root cause analysis
- Experience installing data loggers, flow meters and other associated instrumentation
The successful candidate will possess advanced problem solving and communication skills along with strong presentation and selling capabilities. The majority of work is done at a customer location. Therefore, a significant amount of time will be spent in manufacturing and process environments. Auditing an industrial facility can involve a significant amount of walking at times, and even climbing, depending on the location in order to access equipment and install instrumentation for the measurements required. All Ingersoll Rand employees are thoroughly trained on safety policies and procedures annually.
- 4-year Bachelor degree in engineering and/or minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Available to travel 50%
- Solid understanding and experience with air system assessments and industry in the Americas region.
- Additional Requirements:
- Compressed air assessment experience
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience
- Knowledge of physics, thermodynamics and industrial process.
- Effective Problem solving methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Selling skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to details.
- Valid Driver’s License due to travel requirement
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions service personnel.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency. For more information, visit www.IRCO.com.