Compressed Air Service Technician
East Syracuse, NY
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Service Technician – Compression Technologies and Services serves customers by installing, trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating and or Centac and ECC air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components. You will use precision measuring tools for diagnostic troubleshooting of compressed air equipment. In addition, you need to have knowledge of all operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- Performs equipment start-ups, installations and repairs of compressed air systems. Including “hands-on” work to assure equipment operates to customer’s requirements with occasional guidance from Senior and Master Technicians.
- Conducts safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment.
- Uses wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Serves as technical support for customers and Customer Service Managers.
- Documents service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily time sheets.
- Increases Ingersoll Rand customer’s awareness of how Ingersoll Rand products, services and solutions; such as Package Care, Preventative Maintenance, Diagnostics, Audits and Leak Detection can benefit their operations.
- Maintains rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Ensures proper operation of compressed air equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and 47 point inspections on a wide variety of compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers and additional compressed air components.
- Works with Service Coordinator on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and repairs.
- Daily travel to customer sites, occasional overtime, and sporadic on-call emergency service is required to meet customers’ needs.
- Installs basic systems ( i.e. upload system software and demo kit usage)
- Produces mini informational and how to videos
- SSE leads
- Desired applicants will have 3-5 years’ experience of troubleshooting industrial/commercial mechanical systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Desired degree program in Electrical/Electronics Technology or HVAC with basic knowledge of some or all of the following: AC/DC circuits, wiring diagrams/schematics, motors/controls, PLCs, HVAC electricity, controls, refrigeration systems and/or refrigerant certification. Candidates who possess this knowledge or skills but have not completed a formal program may be considered.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and other basic computer usage. Working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad) and network bases.
- Customer service skills Ex: conflict resolution, negotiation
- Candidates will use Ingersoll Rand provided tools
- Attend required Ingersoll Rand training
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- EPA 608 /F-GAS 303/2008/CE/ISHRAE Certification Preferred (Refrigeration experience/certification a plus).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions at times requiring interpretation or deviation from standard processes including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage) with NFPA or equivalent standards.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move weight limits in line with the safety policy. #LI-MA1
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency. For more information, visit www.IRCO.com.